Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member from NJ here...

Hey guys and gals!
    My name is Troy, and I joined the forum back in December of '20 when I acquired my first XS. It's a 1979 XS1100F, which I picked up from the original owner with just 9,400 miles. It's not in mint condition, but it is very clean, and it was always garaged and taken care of very well. (I'll get a photo of it up ASAP)
    It hasn't run in close to 20 years (or longer) and I haven't had any time to dig into it yet, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands dirty. With the wealth of knowledge here in the forums I know she'll bark back to life soon.
    I look forward to getting to know y'all!

Welcome to the XS club. You've found the best resource for your newly acquired bike.

--Bax
    80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Welcome, and we look forward to seeing more from you soon.

Once get her back on the road, you might want to check out one or more of the rallies. It's great way to show off your bike, meet some of us, and enjoy fantastic riding.
      -Mike
      _________
      '79 XS1100SF 20k miles
      '80 XS1100SG 44k miles
      '81 XS1100H Venturer 35k miles
      '79 XS750SF 17k miles
      '85 Honda V65 Magna ~7k miles
      '84 Honda V65 Magna 48k miles (parts bike)
      '86 Yamaha VMAX 9k miles

Previous: '68 Motoguzzi 600cc + '79 XS750SF 22k miles +'84 Honda V65

Comment

20 years. brakes and carbs should be the first things on your list. How old are the tires? If unknown ... look for the born on date. If too old then for sure replace. Safety first. Welcome to the forum and good luck in getting it back on the road.
        2 - 80 LGs bought one new
        81 LH
        02 FXSTB Nighttrain
        22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
        Jim

Comment

Where in NJ? I'm in Warren County N.J. Yes tires should be looked at and also carbs if bike has sat with gas in them. The reason I say carbs is a guy I worked with got a bike that sat for about the same time. I rode it 2 times and told him carbs were dirty-at the very least put some carb cleaner like Berrymans Chem tool in the tank. and ride it local not on the highway. He didn't listen. Took it on the highway, and only would go up to 50 mph if that. I told him at that speed you could easily get run over with trucks that are waiting for you to get out of the way.
          1980 XS1100 SG
          Inline fuel filters
          New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
          160 mph speedometer mod
          Kerker Exhaust
          xschop K & N air filter setup
          Dynojet Recalibration kit
          1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
          1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
          X