Winter snow pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter snow pics

Seeing another winter snow pic prompted me to post this. This is looking out my kitchen window here in central Michigan. We got 6-7" of snow Monday night. Not a big snow fall for around here. There is about 15" of snow on the ground out in the yard where it is undisturbed. Very pretty sight, to me anyway. We have gotten about 35" for the year. We are about 24" short on snow fall for the year. It was -16 degrees this morning. Each hour drive north of here it gets deeper.
    Last edited by red bandit; 02-17-2021, 09:33 AM.
    79 F full cruiser, stainless brake lines, spade fuses, Accel coils, modded air box w/larger velocity stacks, 750 FD.
    79 SF parts bike.

I like the picture, but getting tired of winter in montana...

Comment

We've just come off of nine days of extreme cold warnings up here - when you're warned on the local news " exposed skin freezes " and you're not given at time frame, you better dress up if you're going outside. It's warmed to 7F (-14C) today and fells like a heatwave compared to -33F (-36C). Warming means getting closer to RIDING SEASON. Depending on how sloppy it is on the roads (sand/salt/muck) I can hope for about late April at the soonest. Snow/ice in Texas? That's some messed up weather patterns.
      1980 XS1100G (one owner-me)
      1983 Kawasaki GPZ750 (Frankenbike)
      Owned - 1976 XS750D
      Owned - 1972 Honda CB750
      Owned - (unknown year) XS650
      (+ too many Yammies/Hondas to mention)

Comment

Honestly this winter kind of sucks! It has been relatively warm and without snow so any winter activities haven't really been an option. The little snow that my area has gotten barely covers the ground and at this point is hard and icy so snowmobiling is miserable. Up until the last couple weeks it has been warm but now it has been below zero (Fahrenheit not celsius). I haven't had to move any snow yet (not really complaining about this one). If it is going to be winter, at least snow!

At this point though there is maybe 4-6 weeks of actual winter left so lets just get through it and move to spring! Plus now they are forecasting 40 degrees as a high next week for a couple of days.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Nate.... we got your snow down here in Mississippi. You want me to ship it up to you?
          2 - 80 LGs bought one new
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
          Jim

Comment

Working...
          X