No announcement yet.

Covid vaccine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid-February 2020 my wife was really sick with a respiratory infection and in the hospital for three or four days. Liver, kidney functions all out of whack toward the “very bad” side of things, with super low pulse-ox. All the bloodwork showed it was H1N1 believe it or not, however this was about a month before Covid really came on the scene in mid March. They said they tested for COVID, however tests weren’t reliable at all at that point. I got really sick a week later, was diagnosed with bronchitis and the start of pneumonia in my left lung. Tested me for influenza A, and came back negative, no COVID test. During this, I distinctly know I lost my sense of taste for a week or a bit more, but didn’t think anything of it other than I had never had that happen before in my life.

Late March early/April loss of taste and smell became widely known as classic signs of Covid. Absolutely convinced I had it and it was a miserable two or three weeks even though I assumed it was a respiratory infection and just was kicking my butt more than usual.
    Last edited by Bonz; 01-22-2021, 10:05 PM.
    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. No ill after effects. Reading now that both Moderna and Pfizer are now saying that boosters will now be required after six months. Oh well if that and a yearly is required to ward off this insidious virus then I will roll up my sleeve.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

I’m seeing the same trend develop as it does with typical flu shots. There was only one strain of the virus when they created the vaccine. That was part of the sky high efficacy percentages. When you only have one target, the bull’s-eye is pretty easy. When the same arrow has to hit multiple targets you don’t hit any of them in the center.

As it mutates the original vaccine will become less effective. Calling it a booster is using words to dictate perception in my opinion, as it’s really a new shot to ward off the new strains. Just like you get a flu shot every year it’s not called a booster when you get it.

Flu shots are typically developed well in advance of the flu season, and it’s hit and miss as to whether they get the projected strain right. Raise your hand if you’ve ever gotten a flu shot and still got as sick as you did in years you didn’t get the flu shot. Hand raised.

With that being said, the younger population is now getting more sick. IMO, vaccinating older adults and saying the younger population isn’t vaccinated has little to do with the younger population now getting sick in higher numbers whereas they were not getting sick before. It has to do with the virus evolving and finding a way to survive. Otherwise younger population would have been as sick in relative numbers as the older population when this started last year.

At some point we’re all just gonna have to continue washing hands, continue not rubbing our eyes or picking our noses, and get on with life.
        Last edited by Bonz; 04-18-2021, 08:34 AM.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I completely agree with everything you said Howard. For those that are reluctant to get the vaccine they should realize that although they may or may not still contract the virus; the vaccine prepares your body to fight, hopefully reducing the virus's ability to do as much damage. As with all viruses as you stated they mutate. The flu is a prime example and mutates every year. So for those folks out there that don't want to take the covid vaccine because of how they were developed and being fast tracked for use etc. need to realize that for the most part the flu vaccine is new every season. Yet, as we grow older and our risk factors change we become much more receptive to get the shot for the sense of security that you might gain an ounce more of prevention. I don't want to start a feud with this statement, however everyone is entitled to their own opinion. With what is known and not known about Covid 19 I believe it a good idea that everyone get vaccinated so that the pandemic status can be dropped. Like all viruses the human race is going to have to live with this virus just like we already live with many others.
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          Jim

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
            Had shot #1 yesterday at the Boise VA. They are using the Moderna and I've had no pain or reaction to it.
            just completed my second shot, at the Austin VA. on the 13th. No ill effects.

-Wolf
            80 SG
            81 Midnight Special (R.I.P.)

Comment

My oldest daughter got Covid back last summer. She has recently been vaccinated with both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. Over the past 3 weeks she has contracted the virus again. Only this time she has the variant virus. Her doctor told her it was a good thing that she had been vaccinated or her symptoms might have been worse.
              Last edited by cajun31; 04-23-2021, 02:08 PM.
              81 LH
              02 FXSTB Nighttrain
              Jim

Comment

Got my 1st Moderna last week, no soreness or side effects. Next shot July 28.

Comment

Your shots SHOULD be 4 weeks apart, not 4 months!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Yu4ia1 View Post
                    Got my 1st Moderna last week, no soreness or side effects. Next shot July 28.
                    why so long before the second shot?
                    81 LH
                    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                    Jim

Comment

Canada.....We don’t have our own supply of vax, Our prime minister Trudeau dropped the ball last year in procurement....
                      Last edited by Yu4ia1; 04-21-2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

OK, I understand that. The YU4I1A, Amateur radio? What Provence?
                        Ray Matteis
                        KE6NHG
                        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Received 2nd shot of Moderna on April 15. Sore arm overnight was about it. Glad to have whatever protection it provides.

Had my Brachytherapy prostate procedure yesterday. Lingering sore throat from breathing tube is about only after effect. Now on to get 22 radiation treatments...
                          Jerry Fields
                          '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                          '06 Concours
                          My Galleries Page.
                          My Blog Page.
                          "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

i got the 1st Moderna shot on March 5th and have gotten the booster shot on Apr.2nd so we are as good as we can get...Nothing more than a sore arm for a couple days on both shots...I plan to travel this year..Going back to Tucson in the fall for a 40 year re-union so no VYR for me..perfect timing as far as I am concerned.....
                            Last edited by madmax-im; 04-22-2021, 01:49 PM.
                            1980 XS650G Special-Two
                            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I got my second Moderna vaccine a week ago, with both shots I had chills at night and joint pain, not terrible but noticeable. I am glad I went through with it tho.

Comment

Had my shots through Wal-Mart and a local pharmacy last year, and the booster this year. My jobs I had said get it or if you get sick you wont get paid. VA I go to said something about the shot, but then didn't get the ball rolling until months later.
                                1980 XS1100 SG
                                Inline fuel filters
                                New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
                                160 mph speedometer mod
                                Kerker Exhaust
                                xschop K & N air filter setup
                                Dynojet Recalibration kit
                                1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
                                1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
                                X