martini or cbx 1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martini or cbx 1000

I have to decide weather to cell my cbx 1000 which i have owned for over 8 years,the reason???well a mint xs1100 martini has come up for sale for £3500. what ever that is in $,it is completely orginal and has only done 12,000 miles so what should i do???????????

I'd rather have a Martini, and NOT just for lunch.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Wow, over $6,000.00 US. A good bit more than they sold for new.

I can't say I know what bikes cost over there, but that must be one nice bike!

I guess it all depends on what it's worth to you.

Those martini's did look pretty cool though...
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Cost is relative...

I've spent a few weeks in Scottland, and what I can tell you about their money is simply this ... don't base value on the US Dollar. Yes, it may equal 6 grand to us, but that doesn't mean 6 grand over there has the same value it does here. Before I flew over, I was paying about $2.50 for a pack of cigarettes, but once I got there, it was over $5.00 for the same pack of smokes.

So basically, ask yourself this ... would you pay $2500.00 - $3000.00 for the bike as he discribed it??? That's the best way to look at it.
        ~ Street Rat ~

Mitch
        '78 XS1100 "My Mistress"

Knowledge is Experience. Everything else is just Information

Comment

How much do you want for CBx? What year? ProLink?
          A friend might be interested.
          If it were me.... get an old XS to ride, fix the CBX to its original glory and....
          well... a CBX with 400 miles or so, 79, was sold on ebay for 15.000 $ a few months back.
          There was a martini fairing, new I think, on ebay.de
          Check it out.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

If you paid that amount, would you want to take the risk of riding it?. Sounds like a good bike for a Museum to add to it's collection. Money might be more enjoyably spent on a ride you can have fun on.

Comment

I'd like to know more about the XS11 Martini before I commented. I'm sure it's nothing like my BSA Martini. ;o)

Geezer
              Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

strom it is a 1979 twin shock z model put the key in and drive it away don`t need anywork to it.

Comment

Working...
                X