ID:	859400 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	859401 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	859402 During this period of ... let's just say down time... I acquired a new project. Picked up an 81 LH in February and of course I have had my 80 LG since purchasing it new. I am just about done with everything. I lack a few emblems and want to replace several gold plated things here and there but overall all the painting etc... is done. I was even able to finally get my pipes back on. I bought a sandblasting cabinet from harbor freight and after many modifications and upgrades made a fairly useful cabinet out of it. Any way I was able to blast the pipes according to the Cerakote recommendations and of course I painted them after purchasing the recommended gun to do the job properly. I went with the Black Velvet air cured. It turned out fairly well. Anyhow... I know everyone loves pictures so here they are.
    Last edited by cajun31; 11-12-2020, 01:45 AM.
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Looks nice! I like the velvet pipes, not glossy, but not flat black either.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Oh, now seeing that, SWEET, ride my day just got a whole lot better. Nice job!!!

Bax

80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Yes, that is a great looking bike!
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	859410 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	859411 It's actually two bikes. 81 LH and 80LG
          Last edited by cajun31; 11-12-2020, 01:49 AM.
          81 LH
          02 FXSTB Nighttrain
          Jim

Comment

Twice as nice, please tell me more about the LED headlight you chose.......

Comment

I went with the JW speaker 8790A2 Adaptive headlight 7" black bezel part number 0555011. Great lights. Not cheap but really light up the road. You have to search Ebay and wait and eventually you will score one on a great deal. They list for more then most pay for their bikes here. The A2 stands for adaptive 2. If you are not familiar with the headlight it actually lights up the road when you lean left or right when making turns. The original adaptive series only did this on low beam. When they went to the A2 it does it both on dim or bright lights. I have reached the age now where lighting the road up at night was mandatory. It fits in the original special mounts with the exception of the screws. You have to visit your hardware store and pick up some longer screws. Not excessively longer mind you just have to be longer the stock.
              Last edited by cajun31; 09-25-2020, 12:54 AM.
              81 LH
              02 FXSTB Nighttrain
              Jim

Comment

thanks cajun. I was looking at these, making the purchase easier with credible reviews

---Bax

Comment

Working...
                X