Reputation status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reputation status

nezzer I have noticed a bar graph under each members avatar...Most people have none and a few have some bars highlighted....I am curious as to how reputation "points" are awarded?
    Last edited by madmax-im; 09-11-2020, 11:42 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

I did some research. The bar graph shows a users reputation. As your reputation increases, the bar graph lights up more boxes and the hover-over text changes. You get reputation by having other users like your posts. Each user has their own reputation power. My reputation power is 10, so when I like someones post they get 10 reputation points. For comparison, the bar graph maxes out at 2000 points. madmax-im , your reputation power is 20. So if you like a post, it has a greater impact on someones reputation than if I like it.

I spot checked a few users to see what their reputation power was set to. They were all different. I am guessing that it increases automatically based on length of membership and number of posts. Don't quote me on that though. A brand new account I created just for testing various permissions has 1 post and a reputation power of 0.
    '80 XS Special
    JonathanKnez@hotmail.com

Comment

That is interesting and certainly different than what we had before...where post count was linked to a particular title like Master of XSology....I see that one administrator has turned their reputation "off"..I looked carefully at my control panel and i do not see a way to disable this feature...I have also discovered that if you hover over and click on the # of people who liked your post..you then get a pop up with all those listed so you can see who did the liking... Thankyou for clearing up the mystery..I'm not particularly concerned about this feature.. but we'll roll with it...
      Last edited by madmax-im; 09-12-2020, 12:36 AM.
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

https://youtu.be/5RAQXg0IdfI
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

DuWayne - you need some reputation points before we can take them away for posts like that
          '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
          '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
          '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Bet I have a BAD reputation. Bad company.
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Ben I awarded you a Like which is worth ? points( somewhere between none and 100) but you still need $6 to get a coffee at Starbucks

Phil
              1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
              1983 XJ 650 Maxim
              2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58 View Post

DuWayne, it appears we can now embed vids.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
                  Ben I awarded you a Like which is worth ? points( somewhere between none and 100) but you still need $6 to get a coffee at Starbucks

Phil
                  Thanks Phil...I gave you a like too...Coffee at home..lol
                  1980 XS650G Special-Two
                  1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

My bars are blank, I hope my reputation is at least fair to partly cloudy... Pretty decent post count, but not like some guys.
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

I have noticed when you start posting more frequently, the red/orange bars start increasing.
                      2H7 (79)
                      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Mine is at zero bars so my reputation isn't what it used to be.

Tony
                        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post

Tony
                          I gave you a couple of LIKES. If others will do the same.... Those of us who have been here know you. Your reputation is good and secure.
                          Marty (in Mississippi)
                          XS1100SG
                          XS650SK
                          XS650SH
                          XS650G
                          XS6502F
                          XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer View Post

Tony
                            Geezer, I don't need a status bar to know good pointers, tips, advice, and top quality electrical components.

---Bax

80 SG, --- Slightly modified with EFI.....

Comment

Tony,
                              Your reputation supersedes you. I gave your post a like. I believe the whole reputation thing is overblown anyways.
                              2 - 80 LGs bought one new
                              81 LH
                              02 FXSTB Nighttrain
                              22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
                              Jim

Comment

Working...
                              X