No announcement yet.

classic bike show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know that. I visited England when I was in the army. I rode my bike off the ferry at Calais, stayed on the LEFT side until the first time I turned. Then I forgot and drove on the right side (habit), and almost got hit. I then turned around and got the next ferry back to France. Indian motorcycles (and some other military models) had the throttle on the left so they could shoot with the right hand while driving. Indian was a good motorcycle, I had four of them.
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

Jeez, I knew they drove on the other side over there but I've just never seen it before. I'd get killed in about 10 seconds flat.
      Habits are hard to break
      79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
      07 V-star 1100
      Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

Every year some of the guys from the UK club go over to continental Europe for the XS1100 International Rally and someone always makes that mistake !

Had a fun one last year when the guy in front of me (a motorcycle instructor no less) came across a French car heading towards him on a single track lane. Wah ! Wobble ! Then engage brain and pass on the right.

Usually happens to us when turning right and then taking the 'natural' left side of the road.

Next year, 2006, the Rally will be in the UK so now the French, Belgium, Dutch and German riders will have to learn to ride on the 'right' side.
        Brian
        XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
        Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

Great Pics and video!

Nice show there Scoobes. Good to hear that you are recruiting more XSives. The bikes look GREAT!

Keep up the good work, and we'll do the same on this side of the pond.

greg
          Gone but never Forgotten:
          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
          2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
          2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Working...
          X