classic bike show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic bike show

Well this weekend in the UK is the biggest classis bike show that we have,it is featured in the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics magazine which you might get over the pond.It is the first time the uk xs1100 owners register have had a club stand,it has took me a while to get it sorted.We are having 9 bikes in all different models.I am putting 3 xs`s on show,a martini which i have just finished about 30mins ago,a 2h9 1100 which was registerd new in 1995 and a american 2h7 model,i will try to put photos of the event on this site if i can and let you all know how it went.......

Thanks for the heads up!!
    Enjoy the show, if you can. I know it MUST be a lot of work. I hope the people at the show realise what the XS is, and how fast and reliable it still is.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Wow, nice. Good luck!!!
      80 XS1100SG
      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

WE WANT PICTURES
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

hi got back from the bike and had a great time,there was a total of 9 bikes on the stand and there were lots of photos which wil be put on here or a link to them via our uk site,

Comment

can't wait
            '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

if any wants to see the photos from the classic bike show here in the uk please feel free to take a look and let us know what you think, http://www.xs1100.co.uk/05staff1.htm i have always wanted to do this and it took me a while to sort it out but with a good bunch of lads it all went better than i thought it would.

Comment

Well done! Looks like a a very nice display of these classics. How was the feedback from the spectators?
                Ken Talbot

Comment

Real Nice Job!
                  "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Some great looking bikes!!!

That streetfighter is something else! Great colors....
                    80 XS1100SG
                    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

there was a lot of interest,more than i thought we would get,people did not realise that there were so many different models,and while we were there a few people who have got them did not know there was a club so are membership has grown as a result of the show,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Really nice pic's thanks. Gave me some ideas.

Comment

here is a link to a video that was shot when we were on are wales weekend hope the link works http://www.xs1100.co.uk/pontins3.htm

Comment

Hey, you guys are on the wrong side of the road!!!!!!!
                            put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                            79 F (Blueballs)
                            79 SF (Redbutt)
                            81 LH (organ donor)
                            79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                            76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                            rover has spoken

Comment

left is right

Hi Rover,
                              the British drive on the left because of tradition.
                              In medieval times they travelled on the left side of the road so that their sword faced towards any oncoming enemy and they could more easily fight them.
                              The French drive on the right because of tradition.
                              In medieval times they travelled on the right side of the road so that their shield faced towards any oncoming enemy and they could more easily hide behind it.
                              In modern times, what with firearms and all, plus the fact that a third of a ton of bike & rider doing 60mph has much more projectile energy than a 180grain bullet doing 3,000 fps it don't matter which side we drive on but it's really important that absolutely everybody agrees about which one it is.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon.
                              Fred Hill, S'toon
                              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                              X