A what is it worth Vetter XS 1100 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A what is it worth Vetter XS 1100 thread

Okay, I have the complete Vetter for Yamaha fairing, upper and lowers, everything there, every bracket etc etc I am going to be putting up for sale by the end of october. Having bought a vetter rooster fairing, and having sold a hondaline fairing, well, I know how high stuff can go LOL-

However, XS 1100s are not expensive bikes either- and I want to offer a fair price to members, a bit cheaper than it would go for easily on E-bay.

Complete upper Vetter fairings for most bikes seem to go around 200 if listed right.

Is around 250 complete too much?

Send a PM to unclespot. He lost a fairing in an accident, and needs a new one. I know he did reply, and $250 shipped down to CA (his local) does seem like a fair price.
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yes, Unclespot did contact me- we agreed that it would be a good idea to do a "what it is worth" thread. I live way up here in Alaska, but California is not bad to ship to/from. Box and shipping materials for something that big and complex, needs to be made as small as possible, is about 20 bucks.

Will be very close to 300 to his doorstep in Cali.

Comment

Just FYI....What I paid for my Vetter gear:

Upper fairing, with portholes, good condition, with wiring = $75.00 (local dealer, no shipping.) He included a bracket, turned out it wasn't for an XS11.
        Bracket, used good, boneyard price: = $25.00 (local yard, no shipping)
        Type 2 lowers, ebay: $55.00 + shipping $10.00 = $65.00.
        Well nuts and bolts from local hardware store, = $8.00.
        Rear luggage, including frames and trunk: $75.00 including shipping. Needed new lock on one bag, $10.00, plus loose rivits on hinges replaced with screws and Nylock nuts. Trunk lights needed work, cosmetically good shape.

Total for full Vetter set-up: $260.00

Parts/pieces bought late 1999 through spring of 2000.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Well, considering you had to go and chase down the missing pieces, and this one comes with everything I take off it and brackets, but does not include rear hard bags- and we are talking 6 years later, is 250 for everything seem fair IYHO?

Comment

Working...
          X