No announcement yet.

Some pics of my XS 1100 project- trike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pics of my XS 1100 project- trike!

Going to be a trike- will be getting rid of parts I don't need to offset cost- stay tuned about November late October.

Got a Samuri Suzuki rearend, making custom swing arm, real naked ass tractor, Will have forking by frank make 8 inch over forks, and rake and gooseneck for good trike trail and then build the frame up to the tiple tree, custom hand made tank. I will be using stock shocks, and a custom seat pan. Should be pretty trick.

I've owned 3 Harley trikes, and know several people that have the old VW trikes... 'found an interesting Moto Guzzi photo :

'hope this foto comes out; the resolution is pretty bad but you'll get the picture... it's a good lookin' trike IMO

I think the XS11 would make a GREAT trike - good lookin', FAST, and comfortable. 'can't wait to see your pictures.

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

I seem to remember a post on the XS11 list from a fellow in the UK who was looking for another front end for his XS11 trike because of a bad speed wobble but it sounds like you know what you're doing about rake and trail issues.
      Shiny side up,
      650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
      XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

That red bike is very close to what I am doing on this one- the tank is alot different- my eyes say a wide inline four needs a wide tank to cover it to look proportional. Forking by Frank has upper fork tubes in stock up to 40" longer LOL- But I am only going 8 inch over.

I set up rake and trail on the jig and bring the backbone up to the neck.

Comment

Working...
        X