All is not as it seems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is not as it seems

An RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) officer stopped to help a stranded rider standing beside a stalled motorcycle in the mountains. It was extremely cold, and the rider was heavily dressed in a helmet balaclava and snowmobile suit.

In a muffled voice, the rider told the Mountie that the carburetor was frozen. A motorcyclist himself, the Mountie remembered an old trick for just such an occasion. "Try peeing on it," the Mountie said, "That should unfreeze it." "Can't," replied the rider. So the helpful Mountie took out his own equipment and liberally hosed down the carburetor, and the bike soon fired up.

A few days later, the local department received a thank you note from a father, grateful for the roadside assistance his young daughter had received from the RCMP. Does this really work ?? I don't plan on riding this winter, but if I do I guess I'll have to make sure I drink enough beer for all four !!
    Bill
    '80 xs11 Special

Alright, a joke thread!!

Thanks Bill, but that story was recently posted on the XSYahoo Boards a few months ago, but it's still funny!!

I just received this one from a friend, I've seen it also, but liked the MC reference, and my Dad(now deceased) was a Cardiologist, and I'm in the medical field.

A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Harley(insert MC brand of your choice!) motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike. The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take valves out, fix' em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic..... "Try doing it with the engine running!"
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
    X