SatireWire (MC related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SatireWire (MC related)

Don't know if any of you visit the SatireWire web page. It is off-beat humor (satire, of course) on a range of subjects. Recently posted was a piece on motorcycles:

http://www.satirewire.com/briefs/motorcycles.shtml

Not flattering to bikers, but reflects a lot of cage driver's opinions....
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

hehe, satirewire.com has been a favorite of mine for awhile. make sure you check out some of the other articles.
    Johnboy

Comment

I think that is a common opinion. That's why I take a dim view as well of motorcyclists who do that cause it tends to make cages give all motorcycles less respect than they already do, not just the offenders. Might as well lump them in with the 1 percenters.
      Robert
      79 SF

Comment

Now THAT is funny!
        I agree w/Robert. I don't like seeing other bikers do "steupit" stuff like that. It does give proper bikers a bad rap.
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I too have seen this, never took much offence, figured if they fit they can go. But I can see how some, envious of our freedom and mobility, might take offence. And of course there is the danger of those cage drivers who switch lanes every time the other lane advances an inch, with little expectation of waiting. They KNOW you will hit your brakes and WON'T dare hit them. THAT kind of obstinance gets me, more than a few bikers getting ahead in the skinny lane.

Besides, the folks behind the bikers should be glad, they are now further ahead than if the bikers stayed in front of them....

Marty in NW PA
          Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
          Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
          This IS my happy face.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyA

Besides, the folks behind the bikers should be glad, they are now further ahead than if the bikers stayed in front of them....
            That's a good perspective... if only they will see it that way.
            Robert
            79 SF

Comment

Its interesting to see how folks really are, they would love to see you get wiped for slidin up the skinny lane. its crazy, but funny at the same time,,,I know I have had the rage from folks getting in the outside lane,,, or short lane when the highway is being cut down to one lane to cut everybody else,,,even cheered when the truckers cut them off finally, but most of the time, I could care less,,,most folks don't have much respect for motorcylists anyway, and it sure ain't gonna change cause we are cordial polite and willing to sit in traffic like the rest of the moo cows in line,,,,hehe. Imho. I much prefer the humorous to the mad,,and the crying to the glad. Awww can't we all just get along,,,,,,,,hahaha,,, that one kills me.
              And thanks for the link,the Satirewire is great.
              Ken Krieger
              Chesterfield, Va.
              81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
              82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
              82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
              79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
              1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
              85 XJ700 Maxim
              06 VMax - Black Max
              85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

most folks don't have much respect for motorcylists anyway, and it sure ain't gonna change cause we are cordial polite
                Yeah, but I will still be nice. Since I have a Vetter, I am scared to "cheat" anyway.

Ken, I see you are transplanted to VA. Tell me when they start teaching driver's ed down there. Been going through that state for years, 95, 81, 64, canNOT get over the "lefties," those idiots doing 56 mph in the left lane, when you flash your lights or beep, they make a big production about looking in the rear view and shrugging.

Course, growing up driving in NJ and NYC, motorcycle riding is a contact sport there...

Otherwise love your state.
                Marty in NW PA
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Marty,,,,,They start drivers ed here at 16,,, but they can't get a liscense till they are 18 without it, lol, all of which means nothing,,,,they teach them defensive driving,where i grew up you had to practice offensive driving, much like NYC, and NJ, upstate NY driving is a contact sport as well. As far as the lefties,,,where that came from is a mystery,,but maybe is a vengance for all the northern aggressive drivers,,,,,,and the "This is my road "syndrome,,,who the hell knows. But they are here in droves,,,we have a new problem to go with the lefties,sorta a result of the lefties,,,on highways such as I-295 around Richmond, you can find drivers motoring in all four lanes at 80 instead of the normal two left lanes,,,,,so maybe drivers ed will reflect this change as well and we will have it totally ass backwards.
                  Ken Krieger
                  Chesterfield, Va.
                  81 XS1100SH - Radar Rider
                  82 XJ1100J - Black and Blue
                  82 XJ1100J - Bucket o Bolts
                  79 XS1100SF - Road Raider
                  1980 XS1100 - Frankenbike
                  85 XJ700 Maxim
                  06 VMax - Black Max
                  85 650 Nighthawk

Comment

I think the "non-lefties" have finally cracked. I have seen them passing on the right, that Richmond beltway seems to be a favorite for the more hurried. I think they evolved into this to this from all those "lefties" blocking the fast lane.

Either that or they imported NJ drivers ed trainers. Ever been on the Garden State Parkway right after work on a Friday evening? After living out here in rural PA for a while, I took the family back to NJ to visit. I picked up one of my little brothers at work in my car and while driving in the middle lane of the GSP I realized I was being zoomed on both sides by all these stylish, single occupant imports. I got my licenses in NJ. I have NOT lost it, have I? Then I looked at my speedo, I am doing 80, and being vigorously passed on both sides. My brother, a cop, asked me if I was getting old or something....

Atlanta, same thing. They are a little more polite about trying to set new land speed records on their way home. And they have a little more road to work with.

But VA is the only place I have experienced those "lefties," and unfortunately they allow some of them to leave the state.

Marty in NW PA
                    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Naw dude, there are so many idiots on the NJ roads right now, it's sick! You have a ton of Maryland and Virginia drivers ... they are really residents with family in those states, and then you have the NYC transplants and box trucks who think that because their state has no STAY OUT THE LEFT LANE laws, that they don't need to follow it here...on that note, you have tons of idiot NJ drivers who refuse to yield the right of way in those cases. Now I need to get an old Delta 88 and start bumping-and-running these morons.

Comment

Working...
                      X