New pics of Twilite Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pics of Twilite Special

Here's what's left after a few hours of work...Note the frame to rear tire clearences in the last two pics

yep, that frame is done!.. man you hit hard

Comment

frame

don't know your intensions there john,but i have an xj frame with title. But i do live about as far away as i can get from you?
      1982 XJ 1100
      going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
      now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Thanks Chevy

But I have two xj frames myself. My wife and I bought two complete bikes about ten years ago to make one bike from two, but ended up parting them out after SWMBO bought her FJ1100. I have found another 80SG frame for $75 locally.

Comment

Comment

Oops

Forgot to include the text. This is what's left of my frame after taking a sawzall to it to get the engine out.

Comment

John;
              Most of us knew that, the rest will learn.
              If you have been cutting and pulling, the back must be getting better!! Good news, and I know you'll be riding Twilight again soon.
              Ray
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

DiverRay

I'm doing much better! Thanks. I have been doing a lot of the work myself, but SWMBO has been right there to help with the things that are still to heavy for me to lift and move around, like the engine. I am so ready to get back to work mentally, but not quite there physically. I have to pass a strength test for work that has me lift, carry, stack on a self, then lift over my head, 75 lbs. I have to do that 5 times and I also have to push a sort of football tackling sled that weighs 200 lbs, a certian distance across a floor. I am going to do it too. Just hide and watch!

Comment

Keep at it. Good luck in aquiring your goals. I just had a simple hernia surgery and can just now pick up my 8 month old son 2 weeks later. I am used to picking up a lot of weight, this is going to change my life. I hope that you are able to return to your former life with a little work.
                  Travis Miller
                  1978 E

Comment

I had hernia surgery in May. Was in the hospital (the one I work at) for 3 days. The day I came home I was working on the roof. All the neighbors yelled at me . Dr wanted me off work for 6 weeks . After 2 weeks I got him to let me back on light duty. Just went about my regular work avoiding the occupational health nurse, tough to do when her office is next to ours (I'm in security). I just made sure I didn't get hit in the stomach during the occasional scuffle.

Thread content:
                    Interesting way to remove the engine. Some bracketry to bolt back together and we could all do that to our bike for maintainence .
                    Pat Kelly
                    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                    X