Thar She Blows!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thar She Blows!!!

i got to hear my little project run today for the first time . it was only for a few seconds before i shut her off, but at least now i know i'm not wasting my time, and the real restoration work can start. i've got a few before pics i might put up. decided on a paint theme: The Raven, and no, it won't be all black. I'm in Baltimore. she's gonna be purple and chrome. LOTS of chrome.

Ahhh... It seems like yesterday, the first time that I heard mine run after some extensive work. Is that not a great feeling? Congrats!!!
    Travis Miller
    1978 E

Comment

CONGRATS. ok let the fun begin. nice to hear another one saved from being parted. were here to lend a helping hand. so ask away.
      when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
      80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Re: Thar She Blows!!!

Originally posted by valhallan
        i got to hear my little project run today for the first time . it was only for a few seconds before i shut her off, but at least now i know i'm not wasting my time, and the real restoration work can start. i've got a few before pics i might put up. decided on a paint theme: The Raven, and no, it won't be all black. I'm in Baltimore. she's gonna be purple and chrome. LOTS of chrome.
        Hey Valhalln
        I'm in southern Maryland.
        My bike is BLACK and GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you guess what team I root for????????????
        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
        1981 LH

Comment

hey, dpotter58, mine's Black and Gold, too. Maybe they ought to set up a forum for the L owners, huh?
          Midnight Rider

1980 XS1100LG

Intruder Alert!!!

2002 Suzuki Intruder VS800GL

XSive rules. Ride it like you stole it, unless it's mine. Then just PUTT, PUTT, PUTT!!!

Happy XSing

Comment

There's not enough of us. Last time I looked at the poll there were only about 16 or so listed. We are truely special.
            "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
            1981 LH

Comment

BLACK AND GOLD

hi there would be if you included the rh and the euro sport both are road versions of the lg/hand you gussed it they are black andgold i have 2 and a mate of mine has 2.
              anyway it is a good sound when you fire up for the first time
              cheers
              jim garvey
              australia

Comment

Hmmm...that's funny...whenever I finish a repair job and the bike starts up, my main reactions are shock and relief...
                "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

LoHo,
                  Good one! You and I must have gone to the same school of repair.
                  80 G "The Beast"
                  81 H "The Dresser"
                  79 XS650 II
                  82 650 Maxim
                  70 DT-1 Enduro
                  66 Honda CL-77 Scrambler
                  96 H-D Road King

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Working...
                  X