Patches and hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches and hats

Forgot to mention in my ride report (see Ride Report Forum) that I purchased one of Uncle Spot's way cool XS Eleven hats. www.unclespot.com/XShats.html These are a high quality item and well worth the asking price. Ron's donating a portion of the proceeds to the Association to help maintain the website. I also ordered a patch from Gary. If you haven't bought a patch and/or hat I urge you to do so. Support your Association people!
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
    XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Received my XS Eleven patch from Sixty-Six and it's too tough for words...he's got a few left, order while you can!
    Shiny side up,
    650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

Unclespot, Can I just send a bank check to your shop for an XS HAT?
      Also, still wondering about availability of those choke levers! Thanks
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Amen on the choke levers...and the little tips that go with them.
        I think those are a lot like the left hand sidecovers that have been broken er destroyed by the heavy handed.
        Dan
        Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
        81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Originally posted by laxdad
          Unclespot, Can I just send a bank check to your shop for an XS HAT?
          Also, still wondering about availability of those choke levers! Thanks
          Hey Dean,
          What, you didn't like my adaptation of the hinge??
          Well, I still might be able to come up with something a little bit "prettier" in the future!? I'll let you know when I do!!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC, Thought it was great! I read your hinge post with great interest a few days after asking Unclespot about his, and have since been thinking what I can come up with. At this point I think I'm gonna just screw a strip of stainless or brass onto the remaining part of the lever just to extend it a little for a better grip. By the way, can JBweld be used as a glue instead of scews?
            80 SG
            81 SH in parts
            99 ST1100
            91 ST1100

Comment

Yes JB weld will work as a glue. You may want to drill a few small holes in the two pieces so it has something to grip. You can also wax up a wood mold, and make a new tip from JBWeld!
              I have not tried it on my bike, as the choke lever is still in good shape. I have made other things out of JBWeld and or FiberGlass and resin.
              Ray
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Patches, hats, and choke levers

laxdad (Dean) wrote:
                "Unclespot, Can I just send a bank check to your shop for an XS HAT?"
                ...not a problem. PMed you with the addy

"Also, still wondering about availability of those choke levers!"
                ...I haven't heard anything - and the machinist has TWO complete sets of my carbs! I am getting a little anxious...

"Dean - 80 SG"
                ...what color is your SG? Mine's black with "red sparkles"

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Same color Ron.
                  Wish the red sparkles were a little more noticeable. You gotta catch the sun just right.
                  80 SG
                  81 SH in parts
                  99 ST1100
                  91 ST1100

Comment

If I can make it work, here's a couple pics.

80 SG
                    81 SH in parts
                    99 ST1100
                    91 ST1100

Comment

I've got the "Black Gold" paint on my SF, wish the gold flake was more noticeable as well, unless it's in really bright sun and you look from the right angle it just looks dusty or like the paint is pitted. People actually say,
                      "Too bad the paint's bad."
                      Shiny side up,
                      650 Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X