Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want in on Tahoe ride

Lads!
    I almost literally ran into Diverray on Hwy. 17 the other day. We pulled over and had a chat. He informed me that he and a few others were planning a run to Lake Tahoe on Labor Day. He said I should look up "Rally's" on the XS 11 site for the contact info for a Motel that they are going to be staying at.
    I've been craving a putt to Tahoe all summer and would really dig meeting other Xsers.
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. A.S.A.P. too, so I can reserve a room!

I heard that the size of a bikers penis is inversely proportional to the size of the rear tire on his bike. Not being gay, or female I have no way of knowing first hand, (in a manner of speaking,) but it seems to make sense: y'ever see a biker broad or an XS rider with one of those oversized rear tires? Huh?
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

E.Liberty;
    Look on the XS11/XJ11 D. site. The top sticky has the rally information. I'll have to look up the page, but it's there.
    And as I was riding over the hill from San Jose, I had to slow down for the traffic between Scotts Valley and SantaCruz. My "strait up" speedo needle was a little fast for that stretch of road! It was good to say hi face to face, even though we both had our directions we had to go!
    Ray
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

E.Lib, the fat tires rub on the shaft drive, so our ability to compensate is limited...don't ask me how I know...
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Tahoe ride

Hey loho-
        Understand you are in on the ride. Still can't find the info on the motel to reseve rooms. If you could send the info to me it would be most apreciated. I would love to meet you guys!
        E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

E.Liberty;
          Here is the motel information:
          The Days Inn is now full..... Lets go now with the Motel 6, which looks pretty good, and is priced at about $85 per night. It has better ratings than the Econologde. I'll also look into getting a group rate with 10 or more rooms. The info. is:
          2375 LAKE TAHOE BLVD
          US 50/LAKE TAHOE BLVD AT SR 89
          SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA, USA, 96150
          530-542-1400
          There is no group rate, but there is a senior rate, about $75 per night. I've got a room booked, and plan on leaving Aptos around 10:00am
          Ray
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Tahoe meet

I am in, lads. Have a room reserved at Motel 6 Friday and Saturday nite. Gonna be a long haul to Tahoe in a day. I have relatives in Sac. I can stay with for a nite. Guess I'll call on them on the way back.
            Look forward to meeting everybody!
            E.Liberty

Comment

Working...
            X