No announcement yet.

who exactly pays for the XS11 website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who exactly pays for the XS11 website?

...it may sound like a stupid question, but I want to contribute 10% of the sales of the XS11 hats I had made up to THE person that pays for the website. Is it JP? ...or is someone else taking care of the "air time" now?

I take care of several websites and I know what it entails: website-name registration, and either "parking" the website with your "regular" ISP, or paying for a secondary ISP to "host" the website. In any case it is NOT free.

I just want to contribute to a site I visit several times *every* day - there are a LOT of helpful people here, more information than you can find in *any* repair manual, and everybody is here for a commond goal - to keep as many XS11 motorcycles on the road as possible. I, for one, am glad THIS website is here. 'really don't think *my* XS11SG would be running as well as it does if I hadn't found some of the GREAT info here, and not personally met people like Pat Kelly to ask questions, and seen how some of the maintenance is performed...

XS11.com is appreciated - THANKS!

1980 XS1100SG

Hey there Unclespot,

Yes, JP still pays the bills, and if you'll follow this link, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see a button that you can click on to take you to a Paypal screen to help with donations to XS11.com! Thankyou!

XS11.com main page
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

If you can't get the link to work or have trouble, just PM me and I can get you an address to send to. Thanks!
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Hey sixty six,, got to the link no problem, wife has a paypal account set up but I dont know the password, perfect timing though, I only get paid on the 1st of each month and it goes quick!! A donation will be on the monthly list from on.

I agree with everything Uncle Spot wrote, I was wondering the same thing about donations, never noticed it at the bottom of the page before, You might think about adding a couple more links on maybe the profile page etc. Just a thought.

Uncle Spot, love the hats but I am looking for XJ or XS/XJ stuff, keep us posted.
        82 XJ1100J "Jackel"
        78 Honda CB750-74 Honda CB750
        74 Husky 400
        70 Yamaha 360 & 70 175 enduros

Comment

Working...
        X