tool for the road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool for the road

first off I hope everone is having a great summer. john i hope you are getting better. now for how i need advice. i will be taking a trip soon to kenosha Wi. for a Renaissance Faire. this is my wife first long trip on a motorcycle 1500 miles. what tool for the bike should I pack. thank you old_bartender
    If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

If you have the Yamaha tool kit, that is a great start. If not, then you will probably want to have the following tools.

combo wrenches:
    10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19mm
    Hex wrenches:
    metric folding set
    spark plug socket or tool
    flat and phillips screw drivers
    10" adjustable wrench
    Pliers:
    water pump
    needle nose
    diaginal cutters
    small spool of mechanics wire
    duct tape
    slime and air source

The first thing is tune up, change oil, etc. just before the trip.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Tools for the road

old_bartender,
      The one I usually need is the one I didn't have room for or forgot. Seriously, my wife would tell you to make sure that the seat is comfy. A sheepskin or a gel seat or something wouldn't hurt. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a phone number of someone along the way that could help if need be. I am near Wisconsin Dells on I90/94, about the middle of the state of Wisconsin. If you want a phone number, you can email me and I will supply it. Never know when something might come up.
      Pastor Sam - Son Light Rider CMA
      Former GL1200 rider
      Owned by '80 XS11 G-Guardian Angel
      Yep, I got a @#$%^&
      xj 1100 Maxim

Comment

Hey Bartender,

Check out this link in the MISC tips:What tools to take for LDR

Definitely have a cell phone, but you might also want to buy a Walmart phone card that you can use at a payphone incase you can't get a cell signal!?

The tech tip if fairly extensive, you might need a trailer to carry it ALL. Aside from a toolbox full, FIxaFlat or flat tire repair kit with CO2 cartridges, spare oil. Some even suggest spare TCI, Coils, cable=clutch. Happy packing, ENJOY!
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

bartender

i live about 15min from the ren fair. if your up too it let me know when and where i'll meet up with ya for a ride or what not. i know the area pretty well . bars, and such. I;m not on line at home but do have a little acess to the net.
          1982 XJ 1100
          going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
          now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
          X