Curious about exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jardine pipes...

I got the Jardine Slip-ons, for $304 at a local aftermarket accessories shop. They're straight pipes with a little flare at the end with a riveted in baffle. They sound nice, but I really don't have any idea if the bike is stronger or not. As I mentioned it was necessary to set everything leaner though.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Hey Dick,

That's great that you were able to get those pipes, I was just quoting the info I read from their 2005 PDF catalog, and they only list 4-1's, and those slip ons, but not the 4-2's for Yamaha, they list a few for the other brands, Honda, Kaw, Suz!?

Perhaps you got some NOS from Jardine?? Consider yourself lucky and fortunate. Hope others looking for that model will be able to get them!?
      T.C.

PS. I guess he(Scotty) finally got "beamed up" for the last time!
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

$304!!!!

Was that just for the muffler, or for the entire system? That sounds like a lot of money for one muffler. I can buy an entire new Mac system on ebay for $285. I would rather keep the Jardines because I really like the criss cross pipes. The description you gave sounds like what I have on my bike.

Comment

I like mine

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey." "

Comment

Mostly right as usual TopCat

Any car/engine tech heads want to rebuttle

BUT....I bet the rest of our group would like to hear how moderate back pressure (and maybe quieter) exhaust systems can improve torque curves (and horsepower too)...and mileage..cold start,run..all around driveability.
            Thats the stuff the muffler guys wont tell ya.
            DUCKIN NOW!!!
            '81 sh " Maime" The Nature of The Beast

Comment

Slip-ons..

The $304 price was for both mufflers, (slip-ons) and since they did breath easier I had to make major adjustments to the carbs, and I believe the stock mufflers did produce more torque but I have no actual test results.
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

Working...