To our brothers in England...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To our brothers in England...

My thoughts and prayers are with all those in London and Great Brittan while you go thru this evil terrorist attacks on your homeland.

You know that we know how you feel, and we are at your side. As far as Im concerned, when they attack you, then they have attack us.

God Bless you all.
    Last edited by Wayne; 07-07-2005, 07:44 AM.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Thanks Wayne. I've just got home from the city after hearing sirens all day. Very strange atmosphere out on the streets, even the normal manic drivers are subdued.

My cousin Davinia was caught up in the Paddington station blast. She was in the 1st carriage I'm told. She's in hospital with glass cuts, and 2nd degree burns to her arms and face
    Last edited by turbopete; 07-07-2005, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Let me add my condolences and support. Wife and I have been to London and ridden some of those subways. (The Tube; "Mind the Gap") We have a map of the system up on a wall, so know exactly where the reported locations are. Have also used the bus system a great deal and know how important they are to the city.

Initial reports here are 35 - 40 dead and another 350 wounded...terrible. My wife in particular has ties to London with many friends in the area, so what Wayne says applies to us as well; an attack on London is an attack on our family. Hope you get the b@stards that did this!
      Jerry Fields
      '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
      '06 Concours
      My Galleries Page.
      My Blog Page.
      "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

hey turbo i hope your cousin is ok,i am only 200 miles away but its been on the news all day, a very sad day for everyone in london,

Comment

Prayers

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
          On 9-11 I was in Germany on business with another group of people from the New York area. It was reassuring to see how much everyone was effected (no matter where they were from).

I just read on the news that "The Secret Organization of Al Qaeda in Europe" claims the attack. I hate to say it, but my first thought when I heard the news was that the French must be really poor losers.
          Walt
          80 XS11s - "Landshark"
          79 XS11s
          03 Valkyrie
          80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
          78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
          81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Comment

London is a fantastic city and the English people seem to be handling this tradigy with their usual resolve. God bless you folks and our prayers are with you!
            Don
            99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

London

Thanks for all your thoughts on London.

I was working in Croydon - about 20 miles south of the city, so thankfully not directly involved.

Still close enough to home to make me think... especially as I took the 30 minute train journey home again last night!

Croydon station had an alert at lunchtime (how's a guy supposed to get a sandwich!) and the whole centre ground to a halt as police closed down most of the roads whilst a "controlled explosion" dealt with a suspect package. A little worrying to say the least.

This mornings commute was a little sureal as the near empty 8am train on the mainline into London from the south is usually packed and standing room only. A lot of businesses in the centre are running a skeleton staff today and instructing people to work from home. We are business as usual - which I prefer, otherwise the terrorists have scored further in the disrunption.

As a consulting engineers we have some structural guys on stand-by at London Undergrounds offices to get into the tunnels and make sure all is safe as soon as police forensics are done.

Turbopete - home your cousin recovers soon - send her my best.

Take care out there

Graham
              XS1.1 sport - Sold June 2005 :-(
              Guzzi 850
              Z1000

Comment

.. man i hate those guys, i think they need to change they're hobby
                .. al qaeda "what kind of a sissy name is that?"

chicken **** mother fkers

Comment

Hope all is well

I'd like to add my condolences as well. I remember our 9/11, and how surreal it felt that day. Our hearts are with you in this, and I hope the injured cousin comes through with a full recovery. I hope you get the guys who did it.
                  "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

Working...
                  X