Finally!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally!!!!!!!!!

Bought my 78E last year. I was pretty sure the internal stuff was ok, but it would need at the very least a carb rebuild. The PO parked it with a half tank of gas and didnt drain the carbs. Had the carbs rebuilt , and relined the tankand it ran for a while. The I discovered bad pickup coil wires. Replaced the pickup coils with new. Ran Ok then I started to get an overflowing carb. Removed carbs...cleaned...over flowed...removed...cleaned...removed...cleaned...o verflowed...........you get the idea. Had my guy look at same thing..^%^%$%$#. We both missed the float with a hole in it. Don't ask! Well anyway I put over 500 miles on her this weekend and she is running great.
    78E ... Gone but not forgotten
    2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Way to go, Jeffe. Now all you need to do is get it all sync'd up and colortuned and you'll really see how great it can run!
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Don't bother technik problem's,it's part off our daily life nowaday's ,just work on your skill's to become handy and learn more/everything about the Xs1100 here.

The benefit's are priceless,and you stay king off the road with all that metal between the solid crashproof wheels
      xs1100 black 78 2h9 on the road
      xs1100 red 79 special with sidecar running on LPG and gas!
      xs1100 silber 79 2h9 o t r
      xs1100 white 80 2h9 Martini o t r
      xs1100 red 78 2h9 Martini o t r
      xs1100 black 80 special o t r
      xs1100 black 80 2h9 in parts sleeping
      xs1100 black 81sport for sale!sleeping
      xs1100 silber 81 2h9 i.p. sleeping
      xs1100black81midnspeciali.p.sleeping
      cbx1000 grey prolink 81 sleeping
      cbx1000prolink 83 in parts sleeping
      gsx750ex red 81 in parts sleeping

Comment

I do have a question. What kind of fuel milage do most people get. Mine is stock including exhaust. It does have a Vetter fairing and set of luggage on it. I got an average of 36 to 37. It was a mix of freeway, city, and 2 lane road riding. Some of it 2 up with the wife. I took it relativly easy. I don't ride like I did 20 years ago. The right wrist has become a little weaker, if you know what I mean. Road rash and bones take a lot longer to heal at almost 50 than they did at 25.
        78E ... Gone but not forgotten
        2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

I'm getting about the same milage with synced carbs and all plugs firing. Sometimes 32-36 depending on the driving. We reciently went on a long trip and got 42 a couple of times doing 4 lane riding at a consistant 55 mph.
          Don
          99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
          X