Hit & Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit & Run

I'm sorry to report some bad news, one of our newer members Greg Andriotis (xsivelybad) was involved in a hit & run accident yesterday in Orlando.

The person that hit him ran a stop sign and then took off. Greg had his femur broken in four places. I just spoke with his dad, and Greg is doing okay otherwise but is looking at a long recovery period.

Greg's dad (Dadroid) said that he will keep us updated when he gets a chance.
    Walt
    80 XS11s - "Landshark"
    79 XS11s
    03 Valkyrie
    80 XS Midnight Special - Freebee 1
    78 Honda CB125C - Freebee 2
    81 Suzuki 850L - Freebee 3

Thoughts out to you there xsivelybad, hope you have a speedy recovery, and a slow death to the a-hole that smoked you.
    80' Xs eleven special "The Tank"

Comment

.. i hate it when that happens! .. it sounds like greg is going to be alright ,

Comment

That sucks!
        Hope he gets well soon... and that he can fix the bike meanwhile.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Really the pits, Hit and runs usually mean only bad things.

Get well soon our toughts and prayers are with you. Let us know how we can help.
          It's an 80 LG My Midnight Ride
          81 XJ650 MAXIM The Preachers Bike (Gone but not forgotten)
          82 KZ 305 CSR Training Wheels (now my daughters)
          82 GS 850 GL SWMBO's (HER RIDE)

'He who wanders is not always lost."

Comment

I'll try and keep it simple on my opinion of people who don't have the nuts to stick around and take responsibility for runnin into people. put me with em for 5 min. Nuf said about that. I wish a speedy recovery for you and your bike. If they catch the &^%$ who did it, String em up to a stump in the swamp for a day. God Speed.
            S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
            1-big XS patch
            1-small XS/XJ patch
            1-XS/XJ owners pin.
            1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
            2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
            1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
            1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Hope you make a speedy recovery!! That stinks when someone does this to a rider or a car..
              Don
              99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Ouch! Prayers and best wishes for his quick recovery!
                CUAgain,
                Daniel Meyer
                Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Please send him my most sincere get well wishes. I hope his recovery is quick. I hope somebody witnessed this and the peter puffin'. weeni washing, penis polisher is caught and tied to a fire ant mound.

Comment

Greg, best of wishes with your recovery. So sorry that the POS hit you.
                    I am a man,
                    but I can change,
                    if I have to,
                    I guess.

Comment

Greg,
                      So Sorry to hear about your bad misfortune, especially after just getting the bike running right! Hope you have a speedy recovery, but with that many fracture locations, it's going to be a while for sure! Hope the bike didn't suffer much carnage either! Thankfully the riding season is a bit longer in FLA!
                      T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

My best wishes and prayers for your speedy recovery.
                        P.S. and what John and Czerkus said too. Get the Nail, rusty razorblade and the can of lighter fluid. We gonna have a weenie roast.
                        Dan
                        Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
                        81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Oh man, sorry to hear about the crash brother. I think this sums it up quite well...
                          Originally posted by John
                          the peter puffin'. weeni washing, penis polisher is caught and tied to a fire ant mound.
                          I hope it brought as large a smile to your face as it did mine. That John...it's kinda hard to tell what he's thinking sometimes.
                          They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Update on Hit and Run

Update on Hit and Run
                            Sorry this is long.

As Walt said, I am Greg's Dad.
                            Last Saturday an A-hole blew through a stop sign and hit greg and his 14 year old female cousin on his XS-1100 midnight Special
                            I just gave that to Greg 2 months ago and it was his first bike, we fixed it up together, and he has safely put about 1300 miles on it.
                            The A-hole, then ran, fortunately someone got the tag number. I can't seem to get any info from the Highway patrol, but Florida law considers Leaving the scene of an accident with Injuries, as a felony.
                            Greg's right Femur is broken in 4 pieces, he now is the proud owner of a 10 inch titanium rod. They didn't even put on a cast (and I brought a marker...lol)
                            I stayed with Greg for 5 days at ORMC Hospital in Orlando, and we then moved him to Terra Vista Rehab center, to get some physical therapy.
                            It will be 6 weeks before he can put weight on it and 6 months for it to heal.
                            He should be getting out of Rehab in about 5 days, and then we are bringing him up to Jacksonville to live with us till he heals.
                            We thank God that Greg was not killed or permanently disabled, or mentally scrambled. And when you get right down to it he has a broke leg, one hell of a broke leg, but recoverable.
                            We thank you all on this site, you were great help while we were getting the XS running, and we have met some good friends here.
                            We appreciate your feelings in this thread, and I agree one hundred percent, unfortunately, the lawyers are already involved and now we have to sit on our hands and see whats what.
                            We are looking at an 80 thousand dollar hospital bill, and hopefully there are deep pockets somewhere.
                            The bike has some damage, but is repairable, but I can't fix it intil all the court crap is done....isn't that a pain in the ass.
                            If any of you pass through Jacksonville, please contact us and come over.
                            Thank you
                            Greg/Dadroid
                            Last edited by Dadroid; 07-08-2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update and hope his recovery goes well!!
                              Don
                              99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Working...
                              X