Ride Report poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Report poll

The ride report forum could possibly get hard to navigate eventually with each person starting their own thread. On the other hand, you can find an individual's reports more easily that way.

The BI2K report was done on one thread. The BI2K2 report is at the moment several threads.

Which way would the membership like to see ride reports handled?
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Historical perspective...

On the "Old XS11.COM" one of my projects was to put all the BI2K Ride Reports together so that members could see them all without having to dig around in the Yahoogroups archives. For those who had attended, it was a convenient way to look through the old posts and reminisce. For the rest of us, it was great for seeing what a great event it had been.

I say, one event; one thread. FWIW, JMNSHO, YMMV, etc.

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

I also posted BI2K (Big Island 2000) Vancouver Island reports as one thread, only in the new Ride Report Forum

It's easy to make it one thread once all the reports are in, you can gather people's multi-post reports into one group, add pictures, etc etc.
      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

My Cart wrote:
        It's easy to make it one thread once all the reports are in, you can gather people's multi-post reports into one group, add pictures, etc etc.
        Yeah, that'll be real nice to have those most XSellent ride reports in the same place as the pix. Like a magazine... almost!
        Bill K.
        1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
        1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Re: Ride Report poll

Mike Hart wrote:
          The ride report forum could possibly get hard to navigate eventually with each person starting their own thread. On the other hand, you can find an individual's reports more easily that way.
          I've just spent some time looking at some of the ride reports. With so many pictures included they take a very long time to view. Might be an argument in favor of separate threads.

Thoughts:
          • Reducing file size would help A LOT
            Reduced-size pictures could be linked to full size ones
            Could some kind of link be included to (or from) the Rallies forum?
          Bill K.
          1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
          1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Working...
          X