Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autocom Pro M1 stereo intercom

G'day,
    I have just discovered a new Oz importer of the Autocom intercom units, from the UK. In fact their office is about 15 minutes walking distance from where I live.

Anyway, I am putting together a group purchase idea of the Autocom Pro M1 for the Oz K1200LT guys and thought some XS'ives may be interested, either for the XS or their other ride. some USA K12'ers have expressed an interest.

Dave, the importer, says that at present he is offering the Pro M1 for $758 Oz ($379 USA). This is about $600 Oz cheaper than what some K12'ers have paid for it in the USA. The unit comes with two headsets, boom mics, 900mm ext lead, power lead, and main unit. To interface to your mobile phone is another lead, dunno what cost that is.

This may be all hypothetical until I actually chat with Dave this coming Friday. I have tomorrow an Friday off from work, and have suggested he an his SWMO come for a ride. He has a 12 month old VFR800.

If anyone is so inclined for this "steal" price give me an email and I'll get back to you next Monday, Oz time.

cheers

Phill
    78E "The Tardis" (ret)
    99K1200LT -C "Beryl Beemer"
    Sydney, Oz

The Pro M1 sounded interesting, so I checked online. Here's a detailed review:

Autocom C5 Pro M1 Intercom System

Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Further Info,...

Met Dave, who is the Oz importer last Saturday. ....he rolled up to my place on his VFR800, errrrrrr ok then,.... he rode up.

Some 2002 prices first....

Pro M1 unit 1 off $435 Oz
      Univ headset 2 off $194 Oz
      Univ Boom mic 2 off $150 Oz
      900mm ext lead 1 off $42 Oz
      12v power lead 1 off $25 Oz

$846 Oz

All prices include GST. USA costs are approx 1/2 that of the Oz figure.
      Postage and insurance are extra, but $15 Oz for interstate wide delivery here.

The $758 Oz cost, Dave first mentioned to me will be covered for this initial order, then the above cost applies.

Some have asked about warranty being purchased from Oz. Dave was going to be chatting to Autocom UK today or so.... he doesn't seem to think there will be any problem as Autocom have a worldwide 12 month warranty, and say, someone from USA visiting here, buys unit, and goes back home??? He will clarify though.
      Payment can be done through Visa, mastercard or Bankcard. No Amex.

Have no feedback as exactly what the warranty covers, be it repair or replace, labour costs covered or not if repaired as against componant costs only coverage......blah blah....

Dave loaned me a unit to test over the weekend. Put the unit in my tankbag, and plugged into the power socket by my left knee. Headset and mic installation not complicated, just a bit fiddly to get the headset speakers located correctly. still needs a bit of work to get right. Having the unit in the tankbag was a good idea as the sensitivity VOX setting could be adjusted. The Shoei helmet of SWMO must let in a bit more air than mine, as I could hear the mic operating.

Anyway,........if anyone is soooo inclined, drop me a line, and I'll add you to the list, for this steal of a price.

Phill

Comment

Working...
      X