Frame coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame coating

So I am watching a show about Jeeps the other day and they are building a Jeep from the ground up. They got the frame right and then had it Rhino lined! The same stuff they use in the back of pickup truck beds. It looked pretty cool. I imagine it to be indestructable.

Any one use this stuff? I am going to be pulling my motor this winter or next and was going to have the frame powder coated, but this is an idea too!! Would be different! Could do the fork lowers, swingarm etc.

Would look pretty good on a "rat" style bike especially if you had some diamond plate tool box saddlebags or something...
    Travis Miller
    1978 E

liner

last year when i painted my xj tank I used some of the liner material. i had problems with the buckle of my leather jacket scratching my tank. I masked off a portion and laid a few coats right in front of the seat. it was very durable and looked pretty good. i'm sure it would work ona frame fine. i would imagine it would be like powder coating though, making all the bolt holes smaller.

Comment

Yes, already thought about that. have to do some serious masking where grounds bolted on and where motor mounts and things of that nature hook up.
      Travis Miller
      1978 E

Comment

I've got a couple of buddies in Rapid City that do this rock crawling mudd slingin Bronco/Jeep thing. They've painted their entire vehicles ( frame, body, interier ) with colored bed liner, ( flames included ) Seems to work pretty good for them.
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Be sure to mask off any bolt, clearance holes and where anything has to go inbetween like the swingarm. All the places rubber goes like the tabs where the side covers go. IIRC that stuff is very thick.
          There's always a way, figure it out.
          78XS11E

Comment

Up late.

That's what happens when you are up at 3:46 in the morning...lol. I wonder if it comes in different colors, or if you could add color to it? Makes sense in some ways, with us riding down the highway and stuff coming up off the road at times. Wonder if you could put it on the 12/14 inches of your header pipes?
            "Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit"

Comment

Working...
            X