first ride... Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ride... Awesome!

Well, this weekend I got to take my first legal ride on my 81XS1100SH. It was even more than I thought it would be. Wow, it is really a quick bike. I got really lucky. I got it for nothing, did nothing mechanically to it (carbs, powertrain, etc.), only asthetics, and it runs as strong as I can imagine. In pretty much any gear under 5 I have getup above 2K RPM. It sounds awesome in those low rmps. Now all I need to do is clean up and sell all the extra/wrong stuff I bought off ebay in the process of the restoration. I will post when I post it all on ebay. I would love to offer it to everyone here first, but SWMBO says that the money I make can go toward a megasquirt kit. I am waiting on some project side covers made from diamond plate and then I will post some pics. Anyways, I love my XS!

thanXS for all the help,
    JC
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Interesting, diamond plate sidecovers? Should go with TopCats saddlebags very good. Is the megasquirt the fuel injection kit? That too is interesting. Don't even think about doing these projects without posting pics/reports!!

Glad that you are having good luck with your machine!
    Travis Miller
    1978 E

Comment

Like my bike naked: no bags, no trunks, no windows, no fairing. That is the EFI controler for my GSXR 600 TB's. I will be mounting a second tank for the in-tank gsxr fuel pump I got. The DP covers are not a sure thing. A friend is attempting to make them for me, but the quality of the end result will decide if they actually go on.
      '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Someone attempted one of the FI setups a while back. I keep looking for an update to see how it turned out. That would be pretty cool to see. Good luck.

Travis
        Travis Miller
        1978 E

Comment

I can relate. When I started reading the EFI post I was so excited. There were at least a couple people that were going to attempt it, but getting any updates on progress has been impossible to squeeze out of anyone on the site. I was hoping that by the time I did it there would be a larger group of XSives to draw support from. I would rather get help here, but the squirter forum will suffice, I guess.
          JC
          '81 XS1100 SH

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
          X