81 SH in Princeton, TX, on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 81 SH in Princeton, TX, on ebay

If any of you are looking at, or thinking about this bike (auction number 4548989772) on ebay, I just went and looked at it, and it is not near as nice as it looks in the pics on ebay. The muffler on the right side has been welded up at the collector, the paint sucks, it has the wrong handlebars on it, and it is really worth no more than $300 (to me) as a parts bike. I'm not posting this to scare anybody away so I can buy it. I'll be totally honest, I may pay up to $300 for it, but I will not go any higher. The cost to ship it will be $300-$500 depending on how far it has to go, so someone may end up spending over $800 for a parts bike. It will take a lot of work to make it look good. It is at a bike salvage yard, and there is no title or key, and they have no idea what is wrong with it.
    Again, I'm not trying to scare anyone off, just warning any potential buyers.

Digital cameras are good at making things look better. Look close sometimes on ebay people wet the bike down so it shines real well. I'd be hard pressed to spend over $300 for a parts bike.
    There's always a way, figure it out.
    78XS11E

Comment

The final bid price on the bike was $709! I hope the buyer has deep pockets...He'll need them. That's a pretty high price for a parts bike.

Comment

Hey John,

There's another ?working? hybrid on Ebay, in McKinney, Tex, just a little north of DFW! No Reserve, starting $200.00 bid. It's got a Standard tank, forks, gauges, Special bars, headlights, turn signals. King Queen seat. Running boards, heal/toe shifter.
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC

Do you have an auction number for that bike? I couldn't find it. Is it at Larry's Cycle Salvage? if so, then I saw it when I looked at the SH. POS! The fuse box wiring was hacked up. I asked who was responsible for the mess and the kid that showed me the SH said that he did it. I wouldn't give any more than $200 for that one. It is a Standard with a Special headlight bucket on it. I think it was an 80G

Comment

Hey John,

Yeah, that must be it, the wiring was hacked up. Here's the URL:
            80 Special Standard Hybrid on Ebay

Yeah, $200.00 should be max! 68K on clock, clear title! Says it runs on starter fluid but not on fuel from tank! Okay, just an FYI!
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
            X