speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo

I had posted an ad in the classified but that dissapeared. Anybody out there have an extra Canadian Speedo? The worm gear on mine is stripped and the odometer doesn't work anymore. Since I use the bike for business, it is kind of important to track the kms.

Thanks

Hey joejoe, PLEEEAse tell me how you get to WORK on an XS?? Are they hiring???
    Sorry, I only have MPH speedos.
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

Speedo

joejoe, I PMed you off line. Get back to me if interested in a speedo. By the way, where are you located?
      Ken/Sooke

Comment

I forgot to mention that it is an 80 SG. I am in Edmonton.
        We have some rental properties and some other businesses. I try and take the bike when it works out.

Comment

oops joejoe. The speedo I have is for a standard (square one). I believe the SG is a Special which has round instruments.
          Sorry, Ken

Comment

alternate odometer

Hi JJ,
            just write numbers in a distance log & make it look reasonable, nobody checks that stuff unless you get greedy.
            However, never mind the expense account, with the XS11SG's pathetically undersized gas tank you really need to zero the trip odometer every gas fill or you will surely run out of gas. I mean, do you really trust that the little red light will come on to warn you?
            The good news is that a cheap bicycle odometer will work for you.
            Also the speedo from an XS650/750/850 will work if you can't find an XS11SG one.
            & if all else fails, A US model gauge is OK, the tiny writing is in KM/Hr and just multiply the miles on the odometer by 1.6 and you are back to KM there too.
            Fred Hill, S'toon.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

cateye astrale 8

i bought one of these up in canada at a bicycle shop for about $45 cdn. works great, very accurate. good up to much faster then my xs will take me.

features: odometer, trip-ometer, averarage speed, top speed, time traveled.

it was nice having a 2nd trip-ometer. i used the mechanical one to guesstimate my fuel-ups, and the cateye to keep track of daily travel distances.

and fred - i do trust my little red light
              Last edited by beechfront; 04-26-2005, 08:30 AM.

Comment

trust

Hi Beechfront,
                my little red light works too.
                However, trust is a rare and precious thing, not to be squandered on stuff you can actually check on.
                Fred Hill, S'toon.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                X