Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn:UncleSpot,Mixelpix,Pat Kelly:XS11 Ed. Video/DVD

Hey there guys,

Was wondering if any of you have had any time/chances to do any work/videotaping for this project!? 'Cause I will be picking up a "BASKET-CASE" 79SF from a local fellow that regrettably is getting deployed for well over 6 months, and doesn't have enough room in his garage, nor the time to start to work on it. I'll be doing essentially a complete Resurrection of this beast, and will have plenty of material by the time I'm done. Since it'll be in 'MY' garage, I'll be able to work on it whenever I want to.

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be starting on it soon, however it'll probably take me the summer plus to get it all done, so don't hold your breath waiting for this DVD to come out!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

movie//dvd

Ride baby ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's too nice to do any unneeded maint. right now ,,,ride.................

Comment

well, today I went through my carbs again. One of the float valves was leaking so I cleaned them up.
      I didn't video anything. As it was I was frustrated as I had to stop 7 times to get kids from school (twice) then assist them 5 times when my hands were their dirtiest of I was at a point I couldn't stop but did anyway (4 and 6 year olds can be quite insistant and annoying, especially your own).
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Kids

Hang in there Pat. They do grow up, move away and make something out of themselves which leaves you proud!
        Ken/Sooke

Comment

Topcat: 'was real close THREE times to getting another (or several) XS, and each time the deal either fell through or I never heard anything from the "seller"... and these bikes were the "subject matter" that was going to be used for the "educational documentary". I do have some "regular maintenance" that has to be done, some stainless steel brake lines that need to go on my XS, so that may be a start........ the only problem is I ride the bike ~ 360 days a year and couldn't bare to be without it even for a day.

Pat: like Ratbyk says, they DO grow up - and faster than you can imagine, so hang in there.

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

KIDS

pat take time to enjoy. my kids are son of 23 son of 19 and a girl of 18. she went off to school and i miss them all so much.
            If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

Comment

They move away as one and come back in2's and 3's then 4's.
              Madbiker

Comment

Madbiker, fortunately I have not had that problem. Of course they each got 7 years of university before their final departure.
                You could always do what my brother did. As each moved out he knocked down a bedroom wall. They had no room to move home too and he ended up with a huge living room. Tee Hee
                Ken/Sooke

Comment

They didn't move back it's just that sometimes it like they never left. ! lives a 1/4 mile down the road 1 3 miles away and th 3rd is still here, but the best thing is you can get them all strung out and send them home . It's a form of payback.
                  Madbiker

Comment

Just got to remember to tell the kids, " I took care of you the first part of your life, I expect you to take care of me the last part of mine "
                    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                    1-big XS patch
                    1-small XS/XJ patch
                    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

I tell my twin teenagers to remember that:

I changed their diapers when they were babies and that they'll have to change mine when I get old.

For some reason, they don't like this idea....
                      Don
                      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

My oldest tells me to rmember he picks the nursing home I go into and if I don't act right I will not get the history channel.
                        "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
                        1981 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dpotter58
                          My oldest tells me to rmember he picks the nursing home I go into and if I don't act right I will not get the history channel.
                          When you're that old it won't be history anymore....
                          "When did my favorite songs become Classic Rock?"
                          Pat Kelly
                          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
                          X