Windshield and Fairing XS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield and Fairing XS1100G

Did Yamaha build the fairing for the 1100G or is it a Windjammer or something? I want to find a new windshield and I am not sure where to start looking. Does anybody know or am I just an idiot?

Have a look at the making a new windshield from the tech tips section.
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Yamaha used fairings made by both Pacifico and Vetter. I think by the time the "G" model was in production they were using Vetter (Windjammer). In the tech section there is an article Dave Hogue put together quite a while ago. It had links to photos of both fairings. Most accessory places like Dennis Kirk have replacement windshields for both fairings. The link to the article is Installing a used fairing It also seems to me on the Vetter/Yamaha fairing where the wiring plugs into the fairing there is a metal plate that says something like "Yamaha by Vetter".
      Steve Warren Lawrenceville GA
      http://home.attbi.com/~stevewarren/
      2002 VF750C
      1977 GL1000 CWC#449

Comment

Rookie mistake......After more investigation the last couple of days I have found that I can get replace shields for Vetter at a couple of different places....Dennis Kirk, JC Whitney, etc...Thanks guys for the input. I am just starting to learn the history of these bikes after years of waiting to get this one from my dad. I've been riding it for about 15 yrs periodically and have always loved it I just didn't know much about it. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X