polishing - the little bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing - the little bits

What do you folks use to remove dried polishes from the corners and tiny areas wedged between matted areas like the emblems and all the little corners?

I am currently using mothers for the black and gold chrome on my Midnight Special. I use the Caranuba wax for the tank. Any other sugs for
    1) the plastic covers
    2) gold mag wheels
    would be appreciated.

Also, I have a couple of tough stains on my black pipes - any other sugs for removal? I don't want to use scouring pads, but the spot where my heel touches up against the pipes is a little discolored from the melted soles... No matter what I do I inevitably seem to rub my shoes against the pipes...

Thanks!
    Your Mileage May Vary

After polishing, I use and old soft bristol tooth brush and a soft cloth. I also use alot of patience and beer.
    As far as the sole scuffs, A little bit of light rubbing compound followed by a little bit of wax ( the same stuff used on the paint )
    This will help pull the rubbing compound off without being too agressive on the finish.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Round wooden toothpicks work well for flicking dried-up wax out of small places where it doesn't belong. They're cheap, they're sharp enough to get into pretty small areas, and they don't damage the plastic.
      Ken Talbot

Comment

thanks

beer and toothpicks... Hmm, I can see that growing very quickly into a barbeque every sunday afternoon . . .

Shucks.

Oh well! Gotta do something after I ride

Thank you both!
        Your Mileage May Vary

Comment

I had a hell of a time getting the buffing compound off of the parts I polished... until I tried laquer thinner. It wipes the buffing compound right off.
          JC
          '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Working...
          X