Looking for a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a part

Does anybody have a set of Barbacks that they would be willing to part with? They are a handlebar riser that raises the bars up an inch and back an inch. SWMBO is riding the 81 SH now, and she would like the bike a little lower. With the Barbacks, the forks can be raised in the triple clamp without hitting the bars.
    Thanks.

Here is a link to a supplier in the UK.
    http://www.equinoxmc.co.uk/pages/fr-set.htm
    On the home home page, look on the left and locate bars and grips from the menu. Select that one and then select risers. Scroll down untill you see the X 102 & X 103 universal kits. That is what I'm looking for.
    These are the only ones that I was able to find. Anybody ever see anything like this?

Comment

In the states they are made by GenMar, http://www.zianet.com/GenMar/
      the universal 7/8 does fit. also a lot of BMW's use these so a wrecker might be a place to look
      Jim
      Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
      Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
      and SOXS
      2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Bingo!

That's what I'm looking for alright, but $109? I could have them made cheaper than that. Thanks for finding that info. How did you find it? I used a couple of different searches, but all I found was the one in UK.

Comment

Yes I am trying to get a guy here to make me a set or at least drill all the holes
          My BIL has a set on his bandit and sent me the page btw Can. price is 200, yeah I know that's about one Starbucks large US
          Jim
          Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
          Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
          and SOXS
          2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

Hey John,

With older BMW, and other Vintage Jap bikes, with 7/8" bars, with two bolt clamps, I can't imagine them being much different in the separation of the bolts, so that I would think several of these styles that will fit Goldwings, BMW's, should fit the XS11.

Speaking of Ebay, look what I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35580

Honda750 7/8" Riser/setback

Old BMW Riser/setback

BMW setbacks by Moto-techniques

http://www.moto-techniques.com/bmw.htm

GoldWing Setbacks

More GW setbacks

Adjustable Setbacks

Suzuki setbacks
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

John, this is a classic example of why we let TC stick around here!!!
              Was that a complete reply, or what??
              If for some reason, none of those work for you, I have access to a brand new set of billet aluminum risers for the 7/8" bars.
              I think that the price was $25, but I would have to make a call to confirm that.
              Let me now if there is any interest.
              Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
                [B]Hey John,

With older BMW, and other Vintage Jap bikes, with 7/8" bars, with two bolt clamps, I can't imagine them being much different in the separation of the bolts, so that I would think several of these styles that will fit Goldwings, BMW's, should fit the XS11.
                I got a set from Ebay off a BMW and they don't fit my XS. Mounting holes are different. It would be possible with a rattail file and dremmel. More stuff laying around the shed now. (note to self... post stuff on Ebay)
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Hey Pat

What is the spacing between the mountig holes on the Beemer units that you have? I haven't measured the XS because I don't have it apart. Thanks.

Comment

Risers

John, I believe Ken Talbot has a set of, "Dog Bones" type risers on one or more of his XS's. Maybe he will chime in with a source for you.
                    Ken/Sooke

Comment

Thanx ratbyk. I have a 4x4x1 inch chunck of aluminum that I may be able to fab some from. I have a drill press for the bolt holes, a 7/8 in drill bit, and a band saw with a fine enough blade so that I may be able to cut the aluminum with it. I can do the finish work with a file. It's worth a try, and being as' frugal' as I am, if I can save some money, I'm all for it.

Comment

Hey John,

I was hoping that posting those links would provide you with some ideas for DIY type fabrication, I know it did for me! Some of those designs look quite simple and shouldn't be too hard to mimic. I'm going to have to get a few chunks of that 1" leftover plate from my machinist from my Spin on adapter projects, and see if I can't also come up with something. Even though I have the Gold Wing bars on, and am 6'6", and have a decent reach, they still seem too far forward for my liking and the relaxed position I would like to be able to attain when "Cruising", vs. running the twisties!
                        T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

set back

john i have a set on now.wont need them if the new h. bar work first . going to get my bike out today. been a long winther here let me know if you are still looking
                          If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

Comment

got the part

john got the new h bar on and they fit great. wont need the setback. let me know if i can help. the P O was vertical challenge.
                            If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

Comment

I just wanted post a public thank you to old_bartender for his generosity in just giving me a set of barbacks, that were exactly like the ones I have on my bike already, and not accepting any payment for them. It was agreed that I would make a donation to XS11.com in lieu of a payment.
                              What a guy, huh?
                              You bet'cha
                              Thank You Bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X