Side cover panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side cover panel

I'm looking for the 2 side cover panel for a Midnights 1100, 1981.
    Can somebody help me to find some also I would like to change my exhaust , wich one is the best to buy.
    Thank you
    Gilles

Hey there Gilles,

Welcome to the group! Can't help you with the side covers, or are you talking about the actual EMBLEMS?? Just have to suggest Ebay.

As for the exhaust, you're kinda limited on what you can find in aftermarket. Having a Midnight, you may want to keep the black style. However I don't recall a 4-2 set in Black, only the 4-1 sets. Then there's the concern with some 4-1s about keeping the center stand function and easy access to the oil filter.

Why are you wanting to replace it? Is it badly rusted out?? IF it just has some blemishes, it can be fixed, recoated, etc.!?
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hi Gilles,
      Welcome to the site,most of us think Midnights are real "special"! The '81 Special sidecovers are on ebay. Just type in Yamaha XS1100 in the search. As far as the pipes go, I just bought a new MAC exhaust system from Top Shelf Parts in the Tampa area, they have an ebay store and you should be able to find them @ ebay.or follow this link ( I hope it'll work!),or copy and paste into your browser;
      http://stores.ebay.com/TopShelf-Parts-Inc

I'm having my system black ceramic coated @

http://www.prestigepowder.com/Peformance_Coatings.html

My XS1100 isn't a Midnight, it's just ALL black !
      Hope the info helps, let me know if you need more info and I'll do my best to help out.

XSively,
      Bruce
      Bruce Gerken
      '79 XS1100SF
      "The Black"
      '2009 BMW k1300GT'
      The Red Sled.
      St.Augustine (354-430 AD) wrote,"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page . Well motorcycles turn the book of the world into a page turner. That is often impossible to put down.

Comment

Working...
      X