Valve shim pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve shim pool

Some time back someone on the XJ site started a shim pool. I thought that I remembered seeing something similar on this site.
    Am I mistaken, or is there something set-up for XS shims?

I am willing to get a pool going, but I would need a little help.
    If I recall correctly, the XJ shim pool was started, using the proceedes from the XJCD sales. 30 or 40 of the most common shims were purchased.
    As someone needs a specific shim, I think that he sends $1 and the shim that he is replacing to the holder of the pool. In return, he gets the shim that he needs. As the money grows, the selection of shim sizes is filled-in. They now even have one or more shim tools that are rented-out to members,(also for a buck?)

There might not even be a need for this service, but as I watch Pathfinder trying to get his head figured-out, it seems like we should all get together and do some type of co-op.

Any thoughts? Is there something already in place? Did I just waste 4 paragraphs of bandwidth? LOL
    Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

sounds good on fourm ah ah paper

that sounds like a good plan,xsept i can get them for free like 4 miles from my house,no waiting for the mailman. most bike shops with a good dude behind the counter will trade you even up shim for shim. kawasaki also uses the same shim as we do.But you still have a good idea there.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Sounds Good

I've got 8 for the pool already.

Chevy which Kawasaki is it that is the same as ours? I'll try them for some thin one's.
      There's always a way, figure it out.
      78XS11E

Comment

kawie

not xsactly sure which models specificly, at my local shop they have all the shims in a flip top container,holds like 20 different compartments(sizes) it would be no problem to match up diameters for them. They should know just by sight. But than again our shop is a suzuki ,yamaha honda ,kawie shop.
        1982 XJ 1100
        going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
        now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Working...
        X