Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep fried bacon! Two pound steaks! Yo! Wayne!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back from SLC

Hey, TeXSives,

We still gonna meet and eat deep fried bacon? It is not raining here, just clouds.

I'll cruise down anyway, TeXSives or not, I'm eatin' some food!
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

How far?

Originally posted by chevy45412001
      i managed to get in a short 60 mile last week 30 deg. Wow can you say blue ball alert Hay pain how long would it take us to get there and back?
      From Milwaukee, 1,286 miles to snook. I don't have a better address. Google says the drive time is 19 hours and 25 minutes.

If you are interested some guys are meeting next weekend in WI for tire-kicking. I can get you the info, and it is not quite so far.

-xsPain
      I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Hey skippy344,

How was it? I posted earlier in the thread that I wasn't going to make it. 500 miles (round trip) in thunderstorms, constant and intense rain, and hail was a bit more than I was up for today.

Will make it down there on a better weekend!

We need a review though . . .
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Deep Fried bacon platter

It was awesome! The burger wasn't bad either.

http://members.cox.net/mouchyn/Pics/...ied_Bacon2.jpg
          Last edited by skippy344; 03-29-2005, 07:04 PM.
          1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Yikes! Is that white gravy as scary in real life as it looks in the picture? (.. he asks from north of the border where gravy is brown...)
            Ken Talbot

Comment

Sodolaks

Got more pictures here. 1. My healthy meal. 2. Scorpion outside of Sodolaks. 3. And the Sodolaks Sign.

I'm sorry you folks missed it. It was yummy. However, on the ride back I hit 30mph head winds the whole way home. That was fun. Good thing it was only 20 minutes from my house! I could barely stay on the saddle!

See you good people on April!

Greg

1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Southern cream gravy!

Yeah Ken,

That's cream gravy and, boy howdy, is it good.

We eat that with chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken and now chicken fried bacon!

Needless to say, cardiologists do a booming business here in Texas!

Greg
                1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Yeah, but have you run across chicken fried buffalo? I was at a restaurant just up the road from the KOA where Rockjock hosted last year's Bozeman rally and sure enough, they had chicken fried buffalo on the menu. I just had to try it, and you know, it wasn't half bad. However, I did chicken out when the waitress asked if I would like that with white gravy or brown. I stuck with the brown, figuring 'chicken fried' anything was a enough of an adventure for this Canuck......
                  Ken Talbot

Comment

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the review! Sorry we couldn't make it this time, but there will be another.
                    CUAgain,
                    Daniel Meyer
                    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

To bad I havn't made it to Sodolak's, or even had the time to stop at the Big Texan in Amarillo for their 72 oz steak. But I have made it to Salina Kansas to Grandma Max's at the Bosselmans Travel Center and put down their 4 lb hamburger in less then an hour. To top it off, I did it with a smothering of Dave's famous insanity habinero extract sauce. Wow,,, what a punch. There is a Grandma Max's here in Sioux Falls. If anyone is intrested in trying to put down a meatloaf between two loafs of bread in less then an hour, I have a very large couch you can recover on before the ride home.
                      S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
                      1-big XS patch
                      1-small XS/XJ patch
                      1-XS/XJ owners pin.
                      1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
                      2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
                      1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
                      1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

No worries, Dan!

Its OK, Dan. I am just glad that you found this place, so close to me and I was able to try and report back. We'll do it some other time.

I can honestly say, I have never tried any kind of buffalo, but am willing to. I've had some deer-meat chili here, and I thought I had died and gone to heaven! It was that good.

4 lb. burger, holy cow!! That is so gross, I'm gonna have to try it! I have a friend in Salinas, and if I ever make it up there, I will try my stomach at that!

Food, bikes, and sex..... in any order, it don't get much better than that!

greg
                        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Sorry I missed it too Greg.
                          Looks good, man can't wait to sink my teeth into that heart attack on a plate.

I have had buffalo chili. It was pretty good too. Tastes like, chicken... wait no, beef... wait no...

See you TeXSives in April.

Ride Safe
                          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                          [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                          The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Working...
                          X