most fuel efficient motorcycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most fuel efficient motorcycles

i am on a search to find a cheap, fuel efficient motorcycle.

does anyone know of a website that lists the fuel economy of various motorcycles? data on cars can be easily found but i am having trouble finding info on motorcycles.

i'm not necesarrily looking to buy another bike... just curious. i'm not too happy with the gas mileage i'm getting on my xs. especailly after hearing that my buddy has been getting 52 on his intruder.

Big four-stroke singles and twins tend to be the most fuel efficient.

My old Guzzi would get 45 to 50 MPG no matter how hard I rode it. However the most fuel efficient bike I've ever seen was the old Honda 90 super cub at up to 110 MPG.

Right now a Harley 883 Sportster is one of the cheapest bikes to ride but not to buy...

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Here you go...

Honda Big Ruckus
      249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke supposed to get 70 or better mpg.

I wouldnt do an Iron Butt rally on it but hey, if 35-45 mpg just isnt enough ya have to compromise
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

That is just about the ugliest bike I've ever seen. The 1966 Ducati 250 I had 25 got around 70 MPG and it was beautiful.

Tony

Originally posted by Wayne
        Here you go...

Honda Big Ruckus
        249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke supposed to get 70 or better mpg.

I wouldnt do an Iron Butt rally on it but hey, if 35-45 mpg just isnt enough ya have to compromise
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

I have a 81 Kawasaki CSR305A1 that I would be willing to part with. Needs a fuel tank and a coil.. Mabee a right mirror Cauz the PO put a huge spot mirror over the existing mirroe. I picked up a set of carbs for it but they too should be gone through. As far as I know, these bikes got around 50 mpg. I would let it go pretty cheap right now. As far as being ridable, Give me few few months and she'll be ready to go. Of course I wouldn't be as cheap as it would right now. You could take a weekend trip up and check it out if you wanted.
          S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
          1-big XS patch
          1-small XS/XJ patch
          1-XS/XJ owners pin.
          1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
          2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
          1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
          1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

I rode a Yamaha 125 street bike (circa 1979 I think). . . cute little in-line two -cycle twin. Got around 100mpg.

Still, mileage isn't everything. I'm on a Valk now . . . 30mpg with my normal riding habits. 35-38 on my long distance cruising in Canada (speeds were down a bit).

On the big bikes, it's all in the wrist. Even the Valk will get in excess of 50mpg if you keep it under 50mph. (some reason, I can't do that!)

I've gotten as low as 20mpg . . . blasting across South Dakota in the heat and against a 40mph headwind. Shortly after that I got 50mpg when I slowed up (as I hit reserve) so I could actually make my next gas stop. Oops . . .
            CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer
            Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
            Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I had an 78 SR 500 Yamaha. It was a big single, easy to work on,and too much fun to reide. Traded it in on my 650S eca. Should of kept it. Best wheelie bike ever. It got 6o MPG no matter how you ride it. They are out there, keep getting tempted.
              78E ... Gone but not forgotten
              2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

I think a Suzuki GS 500 is light on gas along with a Kawaski 500 the 454 and the 250 Ninja. The 250 I owned got mileage in the high 50s and ran good for its size. The shame about the 250 was the bike was a little to small for me. The 500s have more room but should get mileage close to the 250.
                Bill Harvell

Comment

Working...
                X