Beautiful weekend in Georgia for riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful weekend in Georgia for riding

What a great weekend in the burbs of Atlanta for riding. The temp was in the sixties and not a cloud in the sky. I took out the 'ol XS1100 and took her for a long awaited spin through the neighborhood. It seems that everyone was out playing or doing yard work. I stopped to talk to one of my neighbors that had no idea I was a rider, I always wear my helmet. He totally fell in love with the bike and asked me to help him find one. I was amazed at the number of new people I met and how they all loved the styling of the bike. What a great bike we have and how lucky we are to have not gone with the masses and plunked down money on a new bike. These bikes are great and I consider it an honor to call one my own....So come on you guys that call yourself southerners...Get out the wax and get'm shine'n..today will be another great day to ride!
    "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

I was down that way afew weeks ago to buy a 1981 Midnight. It was a nice trip but about 650 miles one way. Of course the weekend I'm there it decided to rain.
    I'm up in Maryland and the temp this morning was 26 now it's up to about 38. Buy the time I get the dust washed off the bike it should be mid 40s so I'm hitting the road for a while. Should be in the 60s here Monday.
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

Glad you had a great ride. Beautiful but windy weekend over here in West Tennessee. I took Noname for for a nice trip 100 mile yesterday, hit 4-lanes and country roads. Only saw two other bikes all ride. The bike ran well even in heavy gusts.
      Don
      99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

Int he 60's? How you guys in the south can stand that heat I'll never understand.

Got all the way up to 40 here today. Good T-shirt riding weather.
        Course with the sunshine it felt more like 42.
        79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
        07 V-star 1100
        Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

t-shirts

Thinking of t-shirts, I was in St Louis for a few weeks in the middle of winter in the early 70's staying with My mom and for the week between Christmas and New years the temp never went above minus 5 degrees. Well my nephew and me had went to check a furnace in on of his rental houses and with the heater going full blast in the car, we were still bundled up in our coats. We turned on to a main street on south county and were behind a guy on a motercycle. We were doing 45 mph and just staying up with him. He was wearing blue jeans and a white t-shirt! We were behind him for about 2 miles, before we turned off. During that whole time we made all the stoplights and never had to slow down. Our conclusion was the guy on the bike had a LOT of 'antifreeze' in him or was froze solid and dead, but with perfect ballance!

Louis
          "There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be overcome by
          brute strength and ignorance" And possibly some Mouse Milk!
          '82 XJ1100J
          LED Dir and running lights
          LED Tail/Brake lights (4) one flashing
          Modulated H/L
          PIAA Driving lights
          YICS Eliminated
          750 FD

Yamaha Factory X-1 Fairing and Luggage

Comment

Yea we get the early heat down south but make up for it in Atlanta with the rain, crime, and traffic. The north Georgia mountains are filling up with the population explosion and anywhere with in 45 miles of Atlanta you will be in traffic. Rush hour is from 6am till 7pm now and forget eating out on a weekend unless you enjoy at least an hour wait. The Rebel flag is discouraged due a lot of people seeing it as racist and it's getting harder and harder to find sweet tea. The 'Ol south just ain't what it use to be.....
            "There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers."

Comment

I put a couple of hundred miles on the new Strom on Sunday. It wasn't great weather, but it was around sixty with a little wind. Not bad for the first half of March. Bring on the 70s and 80s.
              Bill Murrin
              Nashville, TN
              1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
              1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
              2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
              2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
              1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
              2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

here in good ole oklahoma we get too the temps hit near 76 for this saturday. had too miss out last weekend when we were in the 60's being sick but i'll get too make up for it...I know the old girl is ready to hit the road again and make some heads turn...
                81 xs1100sh......."the black-*itch"

NOT ALL MEN ARE ANNOYING.......
                SOME ARE DEAD

Comment

Working...
                X