Re: check my classified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: check my classified

I need to sell my bike to get a car. The truck I`am driving gets less than 15mpg. The truck is not mine so I can`t do anything about it. I`am asking $900 for the bike and the car is $895 so you see what I`m up against. Anybody who has questions send a e-mail or PM and I will try to answer them. Thanks.
    Bill Harvell

not a good thing

Hi Bill,
    that's sad. There's gotta be another way?
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I`am going to let the ad run till the 25th and if there are no takers by then. Then I will let the whole thing drop. The car has been sitting there for a while so I don`t think there is to much interest in it. By then I will proably have the ridding itch anyway and then I might be able to finish the bike up and get it on the road.
      Bill Harvell

Comment

make it run

Hi Bill,
        Right now my own XS11 needs it alternator fixed but the need to get my arse in gear and do it is balanced by the primacy of other projects plus the everlasting snow and current rain which is bound to freeze overnight to make my wife's monday morning drive to work really interesting.
        ("really interesting" isn't the phrase she used, but this is a family channel.)
        Surely in North Carolina snow is something you only read about?
        If you are too broke to buy needed parts that's one thing and I'm sorry but other than that, why ain't it running?
        Fred Hill, S'toon.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Re: make it run

Originally posted by fredintoon
          Hi Bill,
          Right now my own XS11 needs it alternator fixed but the need to get my arse in gear and do it is balanced by the primacy of other projects plus the everlasting snow and current rain which is bound to freeze overnight to make my wife's monday morning drive to work really interesting.
          ("really interesting" isn't the phrase she used, but this is a family channel.)
          Surely in North Carolina snow is something you only read about?
          If you are too broke to buy needed parts that's one thing and I'm sorry but other than that, why ain't it running?
          Fred Hill, S'toon.
          Here where I live we got snow about 4 days ago and we might get some more later this week. As far as getting it running I guess its a mixture of serval things but mainly its when I do have time its to cold, wet, muddy on and on but when its warm then I have a blue million other things to do so you see what I mean. Its like what you said I`am just going to have to get in gear and get her on the road. I could proably do it in 2-3 days with no interruptions ( know what I mean) . I know what I need to do and would proably be cheaper anyway.
          Bill Harvell

Comment

Bill;
            I'm riding my 1100 as my only set of wheels. bought a car to repair and then drive, but the engine will take another month or two to save up for.
            The eleven will run with just a little work, unless it's been really neglected! carb cleaning, new plugs, and oil change will usually get these bikes running.
            And it IS great to ride a REAL bike again!!
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
              Bill;
              I'm riding my 1100 as my only set of wheels. bought a car to repair and then drive, but the engine will take another month or two to save up for.
              The eleven will run with just a little work, unless it's been really neglected! carb cleaning, new plugs, and oil change will usually get these bikes running.
              And it IS great to ride a REAL bike again!!
              I did alot of prep. work to the bike back when I first parked it. I found my problem concerning the plugwires, so if that works out all I really need to do to get it running is new plugs, oil change and a new battery. I cleaned my carbs a while back and there has not been any gas run through them so at the most I might have to twick them a little. The way gas is going up a bike is better.
              Bill Harvell

Comment

Working...
              X