No Joy in Mudville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Joy in Mudville

Never thought I'd see the day, but I'm getting rid of my XS1100F. The PO didn't take care of her and I just haven't been able to take care of her like she needed & deserved, & now she's a sick little gal. Every time I thought, "I can get that for her next payday", financial hell would break loose. My optimism that I would finally be able to get what I need for my bike has finally vanished. I can hope no longer. Unfortunately, my XS is the one to have paid the big price. I'm sure going to miss riding, because, at this time, I don't even see a bike in my future.
    I do want to take this time to thank the people on this forum who have helped me with advice and suggestions concerning repairs. Y'all have been a great help.
    I'm the Person my Parents Warned me about.

Bob ,
    I sent you a pm. Lret me know if it came through.
    Dan
    Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
    81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Heya Bob!

I got my 78E for bout $300.
      I put on it another 2500$ and two years just to get her on the road. All I got left to sort out is suspension (it's adequate, but I want perfect) and cosmetics. Another 1500$ or so and another two-three years I guess. Then she's gonna look like new.
      I think it's been worth it so far.
      Well, if your bike gotta go, it's gotta go. When you got some cash in the future, get a nice sorted-out XS. They're out there. I always bought my bikes (except one) when I was totally out of cash. I even had to borrow gas money when I went to check out my (ex) moto guzzi.
      Sometimes repairs seem endless and you can't see when you're gonna be able to just ride. Happened a lot to me. But one day, everything just worked and nothing went wrong. A good thing too, since the test ride was to the registration office.
      Anyway, don't loose hope. If you don't think you'd get much money for the bike, just put some oil in the cyls, fill the tank, take out the battery and let her sit for a while.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
      X