Wish I had a camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had a camera

I was at a job today at an apt complex and noticed a bike all by it's self. It looked like it was taking a nap on the lawn. The center stand was down but the bike was lain on it's side. Looked like a Honda CBX 550. The one with the wierd looking V-motor and a radiator. I Talked to one of the tenants and he said that it's been laying like that all winter. Should I try and locate the owner and make him an offer?
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

In Wisconsin, you can contact the DMV about abandoned vehicles you want to claim. They will need the VIN, and send a letter to the owners last known address. Here it costs 5 bucks. If they receive no reply, you can obtain a salvage title, or they can put you and th owner in contact with each other.

No idea how it would work in SD, but something similer has to be in place.

Pain
    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

CX500?

Hi Czekus,
      CBX550 is an across-frame 4.
      Your lawn ornament could be a CX500 or a CX650.
      Both those machines are stone reliable and highly under-appreciated in North America.
      Lotsa high-mileage ones in Europe and my buddy in Scotland has a pristine CX650 in his shed.
      Kinda top-heavy (not noticably so to an XS1100 owner, of course) and if anything ever does go wrong with it bar plugs & carbs you gotta pull the motor to access the component.
      Should you make an offer? Why not? Go for it!
      Fred Hill, S'toon.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find out who owns it and if they'd be willing to let er go cheap.
        S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
        1-big XS patch
        1-small XS/XJ patch
        1-XS/XJ owners pin.
        1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
        2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
        1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
        1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X