Roadside assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roadside assistance

I have Geico and I am checking to see if they have a roadside assitance rider to add on to the policy.

I am doing some checking and the least expensive I can find so far is through AMA's (American Motorcycle Association) MoTow Motorcycle Roadside Assistance which is $25 per year. MoTow

Which brings up some questions.

Who has a Roadside Assistance policy?

Who is it through?

What is the cost you pay?
    Owned by a pair of XS11's. An 80 Standard and a 79 Special.

Geico does not offer Roadside Assistance for bikes. I got an e-mail this morning confirming that.

Comment

Up here in Canada my CAA (Should be the same sa AAA) covers any vehicle that I am driving, car or bike. Never needed for my yammy, but needed it many times for my car.

Comment

CSAA, the California version of AAA, has started to insure bikes!! They wanted me to put my 1100F on a policy. I've already got it covered until June with another company. I do know my "AAA Plus" card will cover anything I'm in, driving, or riding.

Ray
        Ray Matteis
        KE6NHG
        XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
        XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

I decided to sign up for MTA. $89 for 2 years and they tow to where ever. They have a lower priced plan that limits towing to $150 cost.

I researched in rec.motorcycles and people had nothing but good things to say about them.

Once I get more details, I will let everyone know.

It would have been nice to already have this when I got a flat a few months ago about 45 minutes from my home.

Comment

If in the US Join the AMA and get MOTO TOW for $29.00 a year covers all my bikes only MC certified towers are used, also supply trip maps, discounts etc. AAA wanted 4 times that to cover family and MC's.

My progressive MC policy has roadside asst. (I think) but honestly if I can't fix it it needs a tow.
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I thought about your idea sixtysix. But when I considered the cost of joining AMA and adding in the MotoTow cost it was more. Mototow has a limit of I think 35 miles towing distance. The plan I picked will tow it further to starting point if needed. After my initial 2 for 1 year, I may go and do the mototow route.

Comment

My AAA Plus/RV membership covers any FOUR whell vehicle I'm driving. Maybe if I get some training wheels to keep in a saddlebag pop em on when I call?????

AAA varies by the individual club mine is AAA Hartford CT. thier cover is basically the same but there are differences club to club so smoe clubs may cover bikes you'd have to check where your at. AAA.com then put in you zip code and it'll take you to your local club.
                Russ Neal
                Milton, NH
                04 GL1800 ABS
                04 Kawasaki Concours(Sold)
                99 Royal Star Venture(Sold)
                80 XS1000 Special(Sold)
                83 XJ750 Midnight Maxim(Sold)
                80 XS1100G(Sold)
                81 XS 650 Special(Sold)

Comment

Working...
                X