Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Tank on ebay

http://cgi.msn.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...529172107&rd=1

Not me but check it out $25.00 buy it now. If somebody gets it and doesn't neet the plastic trim on the neck of tank let me know.
    There's always a way, figure it out.
    78XS11E

At least it has the key. I have 2 standard tanks and one is the 6 gallon touring tank but I don't have keys for either of them.

I've tried everthing I can think of short of drilling and I can't get them open. The damn locksmith wants 25 bucks each to open them... sux.

Geezer
    Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

What's the number(s) on the locks. Maybe a forum member has the same number and can send you a copy.....I would.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
        What's the number(s) on the locks. Maybe a forum member has the same number and can send you a copy.....I would.
        That's a great idea, I should have thought of it. I'll did them out and post the numbers...

Tony

Comment

I saved this quote to my little document of XS11 tips. Probably found it on this forum anyway !

You can open the gas tank cap with a screwdriver! Under the front of the cap is a small piece of metal (1/2" X 1/16") that you can push in, toward the back of the cap, with a screwdriver. It helps if you push down slightly on the cap at the same time.
          Not tried it myself though.
          Brian
          XS1100 LG "Mr T", SG "ICBM" & FJ1200
          Check out the XS Part Number Finder

Be not stingy in what costs nothing as courtesy, counsel and countenance.

Comment

I've tried and I don't think there is any way to jimmy one open. I also have a rusted out tank that is missing the top cover over the gas cap and I used it to pratice on. I say it can't be done without F-ing it up. On the other hand, I sure wish some one could prove me wrong...

Geezer

Comment

The special can be jimmied, BTDT, but not the standard. The special cap sits on the tank. The standard cap is recessed flush with the tank.
              Highlander

Comment

Originally posted by dwales
                The special can be jimmied, BTDT, but not the standard. The special cap sits on the tank. The standard cap is recessed flush with the tank.
                I concure but the down side is unless I can get keys, I'm looking at 25 bucks per to get my 2 standard tanks open.

Geezer

Comment

were i live i have a 20mn ride to the key shop give them the 4 digit no and ten min later i am on my way home with a new key for about £7.50 not bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X