Christmas Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Music

This past Friday night I went to a performance of the Trans Siberian Orchestra in Dallas. Have any of you ever seen them? It may be Christmas music, but it is some of the rockinest X mas tunes you'll ever hear. They do have one song that gets air play. It's called "Christmas Eve-Sarajevo" It's a very powerful piece. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the band, they are a six piece rock band including two keybord players, and usually accompanied by a six-eight piece string ensemble. This makes my third show. They are heavy metal rock n roll in tuxedos. The light show rivialed Pink Floyds'.
    If you have never seen them, I would highly recommend attending one of their shows. The tickets are a bit bit pricy, but they play for almost three hours. They have four CD's out, and a video called the "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve". Buy it, you won't be sorry. If watching this video doesn't bring tears to your eyes, then you'd have to be a cold hearted SOB.
    They also play some pretty kick ass Beethoven tunes, with flames and pyrotechnics.
    Anybody here ever been to one of their show? What did you think?
    Last edited by John; 12-13-2004, 08:42 AM.

We have two of thier CD's and really enjoy them.

Signed,
    Former SOB
    Don
    99 Valkyrie Interstate named Drakker

81 XS1100 H Peppylebleu sold and gone to a good home

81 XS1100 Midnight Special Peppyledeux sold and gone to another great home

Comment

They are playing in Salt Lake City toward the end of this month. I was thinking about buying tickes. I've never heard them before. Their TV ads for the concert look awsome!
      Bob Udy

Comment

Better get 'em before they're gone. It's going to be pricy, but you won't be disappointed.

Syracuse, huh? My son went to Job Corps there last year. Went to visit a couple of times. Loved the meuseum at Hill AFB. I got to touch an SR-71, Now that's raw power.

Comment

I actually saw them on Good Morning America this morning. I was so impressed, I went to Wally world and bought thier latest CD, "The Lost Christmas Eve". Count me as a major fan, I would most certainly go see the concert if I could.
          They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Yep, love those guys. Best Christmas music...ever.

Anybody else know any Christmas tunes that you can crank the stereo up until the windows vibrate? (besides Snoopy vs. the Red Baron I mean...)
            CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer
            Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
            Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Materi
              I actually saw them on Good Morning America this morning. I was so impressed, I went to Wally world and bought thier latest CD, "The Lost Christmas Eve". Count me as a major fan, I would most certainly go see the concert if I could.
              Now go back and buy their first album "Christmas Eve and Other Stories" It has the blue colored cover art. Might as well get the DVD too. That'll save you a trip back to the store. It's called "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve". It's basically the stage show, condensed.
              Like Dragonrider said, it's the only Christmas music that you'll want to crank up...loud. Check out their Beethoven themed album.
              they play a few cuts live and it really rocks, you'd think the violin player was trying to saw her violin in half.

Comment

John, Where did you see them in Dallas?

Comment

TSO

They played at the AA center this past Friday. Great show!

Comment

Dragonrider if you want to crank up to a Christmas song look for "Father Christams" bt the Kinks. It starts out making you think it's not serious, but you have to listen to all the words.
                    78E ... Gone but not forgotten
                    2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

"Father Christmas"
                      78E ... Gone but not forgotten
                      2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

More TSO

Man....

I just read the story inside "The Lost Christmas Eve". If you fancy yourself as a "tough guy" read this story and find something out about yourself.
                        John, I'm on my way to get the CD and DVD. I'm not a real touchy-feely kind of person, but I find myself wondereing why I haven't seen this stuff before....Life changing?....yeah I think probably so.

Keith
                        They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

If you want to vibrate the windows, get hold of Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas 1984 album. In order of preference, I would go for Deck the Halls, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, and Good King Wenceslas. Try the soundbites at the link and see for yourself..
                          Ken Talbot

Comment

Christmas Eve and other Stories

OK John, found that CD, every bit as awesome as "The Lost Christmas Eve", can't find the DVD though, may have to order it for next year. Denver is about 350 miles from here but if they decide to vistit there, I AM SO IN. Again, I think these cat's may have changed my perspective on Christmas back to where it should be in the first place. Man, you have to read the stories and follow along with the albums...this stuff is powerful.

Keith
                            They Call Me the Breeze

'79 SF

Comment

Working...
                            X