cold weather gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather gloves

i have sufficent clothing to keep me worm - except for my hands.

25 degrees F at 80 mph gets chilly on the hands.

any suggestions?

Cold Hands

I have added aftermarket electric grips and bush basher hand guards. Can only run with the electric grips on for about 5 minutes at a time. They get TOO! hot. I suppose if I get ambitious in the near future, I could add a rheostat type switch and control the heat.
    The hand guards not only deflect the wind off the hands but your gloves stay dry a lot longer in the rain.
    Bought both items off the local Kawi dealer. He had them in stock as he recommends both items for exactly what your problem is.
    The bush guards are ACERBI (or some spelling like that) I had seen pictures of them on the factory KTM Paris/Dakar rally-site.
    They came as a complete kit.
    The electric hand warmers were "Oxford" and hold themselves in place with a velcro wrap type of arrangement. The grips are a bit larger in diameter. Definitely notice the larger size in my hands but soon became accustomed to the larger grip. Take my power from a circuit that only has power when the engine is running so not to kill my battery if I forget to shut the switch while stopped. (actually I just transfered the grips over to my ZX11 Kawi.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat"
    92 ZX11 Temptress

Comment

I finally rode up to the snow line and went to a sporting goods store and got some Kombi Snowmobile gloves. They're lined with GoreTex, are 'gauntlets that come up just a few inches from my elbows, go over my leather jacket, and have a 'pull-strap' (with velcro) that closes the glove off just past the wrist. They were about $75 and I rode for a week in 28° temps - ½ hr in the am and ditto in the pm. My hands have NEVER been warmer...

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

gloves

i nice to know we all like a littel cold air now and then. you might try a snowboarder shop. great stuff keep my hand warm and dryand the cost is not bad. i like a p[lace call the "the house @ thehouse.com"
        If you spend to much time with me at work. then park it and cab it!!!

Comment

I use Gore-Tex snowmobile cloves.
          DZ
          Vyger, 'F'
          "The Special", 'SF'
          '08 FJR1300

Comment

I found a pair of extreme cold weather mittens at the local army/navy surplus store that are the warmest things I have ever put on my hands. They are a two part system with a liner and a outer shell. The outer shell is leather with a canvas gauntlet. The back side is covered with some sort of synthetic fur, that although I am not sure of its intended purpose, seems to block the wind pretty well. They are also roomy enough that I can get a pair of wool mittens under them for the really chilly days.
            1980 XS 1100 Standard
            1980 XS 1100 Special
            1982 XJ 1100
            1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

Wool

That (( fur )) on the front is to wipe your nose on in the extream cold . No kidding thats what its there for ....MITCH
              Doug Mitchell
              82 XJ1100 sold
              2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
              2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
              1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
              47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Working...
              X