I was just reading the Aussie XS11 brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just reading the Aussie XS11 brochure

...and I experienced a giant swell of......pride when reading this page.

"Long live the new King."
    '79 XS11F Standard

cool! First time I've seen that one......sounds like a quote of the month to me.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Funny idea for a photo, though. I wonder what thought process went into deciding that this photo would sell. Could be any bike with dual exhaust, all packed up and headed to Mt. Fuji. Talks it all up with all this great stuff, can't see any of it.

I suppose to anyone without an XS, that is usually the view.

Yeah, "Long Live the new King." I like it!
      Marty in NW PA
      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
      This IS my happy face.

Comment

"...lets you glide through the gears..."? Whoever wrote this ad copy had never ridden an XS11. Nicely done ad though. Do we know what year it represents? With reference to the tank size and oil cooler it would equate to a Venturer or perhaps a US model '81H which came with the oil cooler stock.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I like it! Is that a dog on top of the luggage?

Also, it must of been fun, trying to get a fully loaded bike like that on the center stand; I have a hard enough time getting it on the stand when its completly naked. Anybody have any tricks to getting it up there? I have found that it seems to be easiest from the side of the bike butt I am always slightly worried that it will go over; at least while straddling the bike you have control over the bikes lean in both directions
          1980 XS 1100 Standard
          1980 XS 1100 Special
          1982 XJ 1100
          1972 Honda CB 350

Comment

Standard models in yurp came with oil coolers. My 78E has one stock.
            Getting it on to center stand is no biggie... but then again, I am.
            Stand on the left side of the bike (you're left of the bike), put the center stand down with your foot just so it touches the floor, put in in center (you will feel it on the centerstand while your foot is on it, both pegs touch the ground), then step on the centerstand firmly, put all your weight on it.
            At the same time use your left hand to steady the bike (grab the handlebar), your right hand pulls the bike up by the rear seat (there's a grab bar there for that purpose, or just grab the frame beneath the seat).
            You will find the bike will stay upright, if you put enough pressure on the centerstand with your foot (right one). It's easier if you're overweight... (I'm not overweight, just undertall)

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Yep, that's how I do it. And it is easy for me...
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

typical

yep, that's a dog....and a billy tea set... but that's typical Aussie humour. I just don't understand what mount fuji is doing on an Australian brochure.

and why would the bike be on it's centrestand in the middle of the highway, can't they take photo's of an XS in motion? understandable... too darn quick!

re: sidestand... yep same thing too.... once you've got the balance on both stand legs, the rest is just gravity.
                Last edited by justyn.smith; 10-08-2004, 03:38 AM.

Comment

centerstand

well i usually do everything tha has been mentoioned so far but i also kinda pull the bike rearward at the same time i am lifting. letting it roll just a few inches also gets inertia going with you . as one of Newton's laws a body in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by outside forces. or something like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X