Beg, Borrow or Steal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beg, Borrow or Steal

As some of you know I put down my 78E at TeXSive 04 and in trying to get it back up and on the road. I've removed the fairing for repair and paint of the whole bike, the only thing I haven't got in stock or already purchased is the front running lights / turn signals. If anybody has a set they want to part with let me know. I've been trying on eBay for about 9 months and keep getting beat out on the good ones. I need all mounting stuff also. Remember these are the rectangular ones. I have wanted these for a long time to be able to run naked or with a fairing.
    There's always a way, figure it out.
    78XS11E

beg or barrow

just beg or barrow plez (see my post on thieves) Sorry i cant help ya here...
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

Sorry

Should have said buy in there somewhere. About 10 years ago I got robbed, they got about 10K. Still reaching for stuff I used to have.
      78XS11E

Comment

Lights

Hey Pathfinder,
        I may have a set. No lights outside so will check in the morning.
        You Just need the front turn signals correct?
        Dan
        Delightfully Tacky,Socially unacceptable but yet unrefined
        81 XS Special with hack. We call her White lightning XSpectacular

Comment

Re: Sorry

Originally posted by pathfinder
          Should have said buy in there somewhere. About 10 years ago I got robbed, they got about 10K. Still reaching for stuff I used to have.
          I know what you mean. Back in the early 80's I bought a factory Yamaha valve shim tool. It was stolen about 10 years later. The ones you can get now don't compare to the old ones that are no longer available.

Geezer
          Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Hey there Dave,

Instead of waiting on Ebay, or getting some old stock that may be pitted and such, why not get new ones from Dennis Kirk?

Model # 21-401 rectangle for front left and right 78-81 standards
            $23.99 for 2003 price.

PartsNMore has the base housing and short mounting stalk and lens, but not the stalk where it attaches to the frame, for only $10.00!?
            T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks

btdtdan, yeh it's just the front I need and yes please look. I'm not looking to spend too much because when I get the fairing fixed and the bike painted they will be just sitting on the shelf.

TC I found at http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...Id=&leafCatId= ( K & S Turn Signal Assembly part # 21401 & 21402 Price: $23.99 ) but I found the same thing at http://www.partsnmore.net/cat_index....ory=electrical
              2 WIRE SIGNAL LAMP Fits Front or Rear XS1100 E/F/G/H (78-81)
              $10.00 EA. Part#11-2187
              I could not find the stems/stalks or the clamp gizmo at either place. Any ideas?
              78XS11E

Comment

Sorry

Hey Dave,
                Sorry the ones I have are from a Special.
                Dan

Comment

btdtdan Thanks for looking
                  78XS11E

Comment

Dave

I just checked some of my odds n' ends, and found some rearrsignals from Organ Donor. The stalks are short and are square at the attaching end. I don't know if they will be of any use to you but they are yours for the cost of shipping. I have no need for them.They are not pristine, but they will work till you get the fairing fixed.

Comment

Hi John, I really appreciate your kind offer but I don't have the correct stems or the clamp gizmos to install them. When I got mine it already had a fairing and it has signals built in. I'm sure the robber (dealer) removed and sold as new old stock to somebody years ago.
                      Thanks again
                      78XS11E

Comment

Dave,
                        If all else fails you might contact Bob Jones at Merriam Cycles. Perhaps he has what your looking for, or can point you in the right direction.

Merriam Cycles

Ride Safe
                        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Dave, are you aware of the fact that here in Tx a bike doesn't have to have turn signals to pass inspection? If the bike has the t/s hardware then they have to work, but if there is no t/s hardware, then that's legal. So if they are on the bike, they gotta work. Just take them off for a while, and use hand signals.

Comment

Need all the warning I can get

Yeh I was thinking about that last night and will probably do just that. Thanks for the info.
                            78XS11E

Comment

I just sent you a P M about the turn signals.
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X