barbers motorsports park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barbers motorsports park

had the chance over the weekend to get home to birmingham, al to visit the folks. while i was there a friend took me over to the newly opened barbers motorsports park. this joint is the cats ass, no matter where you live in the world if you have the opportunity check it out. there is a full superbike road course and a 5 story museum dedicated to bikes. mr barber has over 1000 bikes in his collection with 500 plus on display. all in running condition. here are a few snapshots from the museum. if you want to see more just say, i have quite a few more.

Just fixed so all pix would show in thread! T.C.

I'll be there Oct. 22-24 as my brother's pit crew. He races AHRMA Sportsman 750 class. Bad Breaks Racing Team.

Comment

Squirt

Comment

Awesome,

My mom lives in Enterprise, I'll have to keep that in mine next time I visit her! Do they allow ANY bike on that track??

ALSO, WHERE'S THE SHOT OF THE XS11's in his museum?!?!?
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

xs

we were told by the curator the xs1100 and 650 were in restoration and should be on display soon. they have a full machine and fab shop on site. it was very interesting that every bike in the museum is road worthy. they keep the fluids at storage levels, the tanks dry, and within 90 minutes can have one on the track. he also told us there are open track days that you can make a parade lap on anything you want.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...d/DSCF0038.jpg

Comment

Sweet! Kudos for the snapshots. Thats what I'd call a ride report!
            '81H
            '77 GS750
            '80 ATC 200
            '79SF [stolen]

Comment

Thanks Daryl

Thanks for the info. And by the way those are some kick @ss photos,some of the best iv'e seen.crytal clear and all. What kind of camera?
              1982 XJ 1100
              going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
              now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

was using a 2 megapixel fuji finepix 2600. the lighting and high ceilings threw my flash off a few times so there are a few blurry ones.

Last edited by kf4anm; 09-29-2004, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Pulitzer for photog, kf. Very pleased with the way this group is ramping up fast with great pics. Two years ago 2mpxl camera was just a wish list item. Now it's a rough and ready $100 Kodak that migrates between the Vetter trunk and my desktop usb port.
                  Can't remember who it was that posted the wheelie video a few months back- really dug that one.... repost?
                  '81H
                  '77 GS750
                  '80 ATC 200
                  '79SF [stolen]

Comment

The wheelie video was posted by TC I believe. I 'll have to get SWMBO to take a few pics of me pulling o'l Twilites front wheel up 15-18 inches. I never knew it could do it until a ffew weeks ago.

Comment

Bring it on,John! Got the 11H stipped down for a full on pre-40k rebuild. Next spring this puppy's going to post a wheelie with full dress airborn. By then a lot more of us will be broadband and streaming. BTW,spent some quality summers with my Boston buds cruising Old Orchard Beach,Wells and Kennebunkport during my heinously misspent youth.

Massachusetts yankee in Colorado. By way of SF.
                      Last edited by tfm3; 09-30-2004, 08:41 PM.
                      '81H
                      '77 GS750
                      '80 ATC 200
                      '79SF [stolen]

Comment

I rode down to Barber's last weekend for the Super bike race. The whole place is beautiful. The race track is the best road course I have ever seen because you can see so much of it. The museum is unbelievable with 700 bikes and a bunch of cars (mostly Lotus race cars). If any of you get near this place, go. I spent 3.5 hours in the museum and didn't finish. I missed a whole floor.
                        Bill Murrin
                        Nashville, TN
                        1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
                        1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
                        2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
                        2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
                        1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
                        2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

it looks great,we have had a few mags over in the uk that have had reports on the place even in the vjmc mag,it looks awsome.i have just watched the ama super bike race and what a track that is it would do moto gp very good,but neil hodgson was first class i would love him to win that championship,i think mat the lad should move to wsb or mot gp now.any way gone of track a bit maybe i will get over there to the museum and meet up with a few of you lot one day,

Comment

If there is a GOD and He lives in heaven Barbers motorsports park must be it! HOW do I get to heaven!

First bike was an: 1978 XS1100
                            Second bike is an FJR1300.
                            Now I'm restoring a '79 XS1100.

Comment

Working...
                            X