got the big thumbs up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the big thumbs up

i have been driving my 'new' XS with no muffler. just the open 4-1.

coming out of omaha on I-80 sunday i happened to look over and this guy leans his arm out of the window and gives me a big thumbs up. So I nod back at him, dropped down to 3rd and hammered it. I think he liked the LOUD.

I never thought i would like a loud bike, but I do now. Went two sizes up on the mains & am running K&N fillter. might be all in my head but it really seems to have a lot more power. especially past 5k. my old bike with stock everything just didn't seem to like anything past 8k. but with this setup it feels like the power is never going to stop.

Don't fry any of those soft rubber thingies that hang down the back end - breather hose, battery overflow, gas cap overflow, and that 140-90 round thing spinning back there.

How's the backfire off-throttle?
    Marty in NW PA
    Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
    Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
    This IS my happy face.

Comment

A while back, just after I had completed the Big Bore Project, I was driving home from work ad I passed a big twin Yamaha. After a minute or so, I saw in my mirror this bike was haulin' it trying to catch up with me. I slowed a little, and whenm he caught up , he and his wife/SO gave me a big thumbs up, and He yelled to me that he used to own Special, and he just wanted to tell me that my bike looked great. Made me feel good. I gave him a thumbs up, dropped it down to 4th and twisted it up, and waved good by.
      I don't know if he tried to keep up, but he never got any closer.

Comment

Working...
      X