speaking of freebies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speaking of freebies

My brother called me today to tell me a guy was pulling stuff out of his house that is going to be torn down Tuesday. He said 2 honda cb750's if you want them.. go get them.....

Wel i went and looked, (2) cb750's, (1) unknown dirt bike, (1) 500 street bike, (1) 175 street bike, and misc parts... only the 175 might be streetable again...

Can we say "helllllooooo Ebay'.. Plus anothe guy has a john boat trailer he wants rid of.... cut the tounge down and add c-channel.... instant bike trailer....

So far its being a good weekend
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Bike Trailer

Do not cut the tongue back too short. If it is to short it becomes very hard to back up without jackknifing. Don't ask how I know!
    Ken/Sooke

Comment

BTDT on the short trailer.... When I worked on overhead cranes, we had a short little welding trailer.... that thing was no fun to back up... but it did make it easier to get into small spaces...

Just got back from picking up (literally) the bikes...
      (2) 1978 CB750's
      (1) 1971 Honda 175 street bike
      (1) ???? Suzuki GT500 2 stroke street bike
      (1) ???? Suzuki 250 dirt bike
      (2) ???? Suzuki 350 2 stroke parts motors

None of them will ever run again, but I think there is enough to get some money on ebay for other stuff...lol

Gonna unload them tomorrow.... the boy and I are both worn smooth out.
      Shawn
      78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
      78 XS1100E Parts
      www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

It's a shame all these 750 Honda's are so far away from me! I'd love to find one for my 70's style chopper project. I had a full chop 750 years ago, Santee frame, springer and all and I really miss it.
        John
        82 XJ1100J
        "eXJunk"

Comment

Check how much a restored 70s honda four can bring...

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

these would cost more to restore then you could buy 2 running ones...
            Shawn
            78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
            78 XS1100E Parts
            www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Speaking of Honda 750's some guy from canada ripped me good, over $250.00 US Dollars down the hole for a 78 Honda CD750K2 Motor i never got, Thanks Larry(the guy who ripped me off) you helped me out big time! Well to any of you xsives that dont want to get ripped dont buy from this guy...

heres his website address.....
              Larrys RIP OFF!!! Cycle Works
              ------------------------------------
              Current Projects:
              -1982-1992 Yamaha Ezgo XJ1100 Maxim Project

Comment

Rip Off

Don't we have an XS've or two up North Bay way?
                XJ11Yamaha, why don't you search out one of our N Bay brothers. Fill them in on the details of your deal with "Rip Off Larry" they would likely be glad to drop in on Larry and hear his side of the story. A personal visit just may get you your 750 motor. If not possibly your $ back. Personal face to face contact usually speeds things along. If our visitor was the size of Dragon it would likely really help. Tee Hee
                Ken/Sooke
                78E Ratbyk
                82 FT500 "lilRat"

Comment

i'd like to do that but all the "proof" i had of the purchase went down the dumps when my hdd in the laptop crashed, but it would be nice if some of the xsives wouldn't mind stopping by if they had a chance, his address is on th website and whenever i call his # its a voicemail. so, hmmmm... I bought the motor early febuary of this year if i remeber correctly, if anybody needs more info just PM me and ill be GLAD to get back to ya bout it!

Thanks for all of your help!
                  ------------------------------------
                  Current Projects:
                  -1982-1992 Yamaha Ezgo XJ1100 Maxim Project

Comment

North bay

Well I'm in Sudbury a whole 1h to 1 1/2h from North Bay, but I don't get out there much. Now that we're in september it's getting chilly for a bike run. But if I get a chance to go with the Explorer I'd be willing to stop in.

Comment

Honda 750 carbs?

On the subject of 750 Honda's, I may be getting my hands on a 750 Custom. The bad news is that it's missing it's carbs. Would anybody happen to have any spare carbs for one of these laying around?
                      John
                      82 XJ1100J
                      "eXJunk"

Comment

I have 2 complete sets for a 1978 CB750... i have not got them off the bikes yet to check them out.. hell ... I still have not got the bikes off the trailer...lol
                        Shawn
                        78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
                        78 XS1100E Parts
                        www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Working...
                        X