Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopping or Triking

Chop it or Trike it How do you deside??
    Is it because it has passed its restoration prise range??
    Or becouse you fancy something different??
    Come on we all know a XS1100 makes very pretty Chops or Trikes
    let me know your veiws.
    My Web site
    SEATS by COSKY
    http://www.members.tripod.com/coskys0/id28.htm

Go for it. What ever turns you on. I would prefer a chopper. Don't need anymore than two wheels.
    Last edited by Dennyz; 09-25-2004, 03:52 PM.
    DZ
    Vyger, 'F'
    "The Special", 'SF'
    '08 FJR1300

Comment

I'm still planning to build a Morgan style 3 wheeler from the left overs from my parts bike. That is unless I end up needing that engine. The XS11 engine sitting up front in a Morgan replica would look very cool.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennyz
        Go for it. What ever turns you on. I would prefer a chopper. Don't need anymore than two wheels.
        Also 3 wheelers with 2 in the back tend to swap ends under heavy braking.

Geezer

Comment

How bout a very very brUtish cafe racer?
          Don't see em anymore... And I don't mean a streetfighter... any idiot with some cash has one...
          I mean something like... a (used) sporty front end, a decent pair of shocks in the rear, mad max fairing, twin round lights in the front, one of those low low clamp-on handlebars, set-backs and a nice LOUD exhaust.
          Color I leave up to you... as long as it's black or matt black.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Originally posted by strom
            How bout a very very brUtish cafe racer?
            Don't see em anymore... And I don't mean a streetfighter... any idiot with some cash has one...
            I mean something like... a (used) sporty front end, a decent pair of shocks in the rear, mad max fairing, twin round lights in the front, one of those low low clamp-on handlebars, set-backs and a nice LOUD exhaust.
            Color I leave up to you... as long as it's black or matt black.

LP
            I have something similar in mind for my 79 Standard. It was left under a carport for 20+ years and looks like crap. I'm planning to go with low bars and a Bikini or dauphin faring. I’d also plan to go with a 4 into 1 exhaust but only if I can get one that clears the oil filter. I had to deal with enough that crap when I was a Yamaha mechanic, I’m not willing to deal with it on my own bike.

Geezer

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
              I'm still planning to build a Morgan style 3 wheeler from the left overs from my parts bike. That is unless I end up needing that engine. The XS11 engine sitting up front in a Morgan replica would look very cool.

Geezer
              What is a Morgan style three wheeler, two wheels in front?
              put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
              79 F (Blueballs)
              79 SF (Redbutt)
              81 LH (organ donor)
              79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
              76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
              rover has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by rover
                What is a Morgan style three wheeler, two wheels in front?
                Sure is. The first ones had a J.A. Prestwich V-Twin up front between the wheels but some of the later ones had an in-line 4 Ford under a hood. I figured the transverse XS11 engine would be a sight to behold up front and slightly behind the centerline of the front axel.

I had some links to some Morgan projects but I can't find them right now. Most of them use either a CX series Honda or a Guzzi engine. Anyway this isn't a new idea for me, I've been thinking about this since the XS11 came out in 1978.

Geezer

Comment

http://www.motoguzzi-si.com/album/in...EVEGA+AGREGATA

Check out the first pic.... can't post the pic only here

And here is a pic of my ex guzzi... the red one... almost a cafe racer. Still a bit sorry I sold it, but I had no choice
                  It's a 1984 V35 II, ex military. Fairing, gas tank and rear end custom made.... only two sets were ever made. I still got rear end and the gas tank, I gotta persuade the guy to give me the fairing.

Check out http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/f2.htm for cafe racers.

LP
                  If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                  (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
                  X